The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Peach Trees, problem??

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by Meg on June 05, 2005 05:25 AM
Last year, borers got my peach tree. I treated it, and it came back nice this year.. and grew quite a bit, again. ADF sent me a new one, just in case the one from last year didn't make it. However, both are doing the same thing right now, and I don't know what the heck is causing it. The leaves are yellowing & dropping already.. here's a few photos-

Last year's peach tree-
 -

-

This year's new peach tree-
 -

-

Ideas, suggestions?
Meg

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by Meg on June 06, 2005 07:55 PM
Poor peach tree is really starting to drop some leaves. What's wrong here? Anyone?

Meg

-
 -

by obywan59 on June 06, 2005 10:31 PM
My peach trees went through a period of leaf drop for two or three weeks. I missed the first spraying after blossom drop, but started spraying a week or week and a half later with Spray-n-gro and Bill's Perfect fertilizer as well as Safer's Soap and Pyola for insects. However, I think this is a fungal problem, so I also mixed in some THAT flowable sulfur (approved by the National Organic Program). The leaves stopped dropping about a week and a half after I sprayed the first time.(Shortly after my second spraying) I don't know if you can find THAT where you are, but Garden's Alive has fungicidal sprays you can order.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by Meg on June 06, 2005 11:53 PM
Thank you Terry. I do have some stuff from there, and will use it, see if it helps. I did have bugs, and sprayed for them.. haven't seen too many on those since then.. now they are on my Hawthornes! [shocked]

Meg

-
 -

by LMT on June 07, 2005 04:32 AM
Nectarines range north better then peaches so I grow Nectarines.

It might be as simple as a cold spring/late frost.

I'd use a post hole digger, get down about two to three feet and toss in some human hair (contains sulfur) about a half a foot outside the weep edge.

I had to go outside and look at my Nec. Planted in pure sand and thriving.

Currently listening to: Vince Guaraldi Trio -- A Charlie Brown Christmas. Adult and contemporary but evocative of youth and innocence, a must own CD.

Active Garden Forum