The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

My roses

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: My Rose Mallows| Next thread: My sad Boston Ferns, please help »
Back to Thread index
by gomerp618 on May 30, 2006 04:39 AM
I snapped this picture this morning. I was so happy to see this many blooms on this one. I moved in this house last summer and this bush was all over the place and looked horrible. I did some major pruning last year and it really paid off.

-

Lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks I am!
by Christina68 on May 30, 2006 09:10 AM
It is just loaded with blooms! does it have a smell as well?

Christina
by gomerp618 on May 30, 2006 10:45 AM
Yes! Last night I was in my backyard and could smell them. The rose bushes are in the front of my house.

Lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks I am!
by nmlAlba-dC15 on May 30, 2006 05:40 PM
Oooh how i envy u... i usually spend so much buying roses... n my roses r almost always 'not well'...crinkled leaves... dark/black buds... deformed fowers.. i know i need to sray BUT i have such an aversion to poisons n pesticides... i want da birds n da butterflies n their caterpillars to b safe...da ladybugs n da praying mantis to b healthy... but i hate n m heartbroken when i look at da condition of my rose plants...!! Rosepetal recommended spraying epsom salt...but have not been abl to get it from da local shops o pharmacies!!! Sighh...

-
i believe that somewhere in da darkest night...a candle glows,
i believe for every drop of rain that falls...a flower grows....
by nmlAlba-dC15 on May 30, 2006 05:41 PM
Oooh how i envy u... i usually spend so much buying roses... n my roses r almost always 'not well'...crinkled leaves... dark/black buds... deformed fowers.. i know i need to sray BUT i have such an aversion to poisons n pesticides... i want da birds n da butterflies n their caterpillars to b safe...da ladybugs n da praying mantis to b healthy... but i hate n m heartbroken when i look at da condition of my rose plants...!! Rosepetal recommended spraying epsom salt...but have not been abl to get it from da local shops o pharmacies!!! Sighh...

-
i believe that somewhere in da darkest night...a candle glows,
i believe for every drop of rain that falls...a flower grows....
by tkhooper on May 30, 2006 10:52 PM
Possible you could spray a compost tea? That you can make yourself so you don't have to depend on the store?

-
 -
by lilylu on May 31, 2006 03:10 AM
What a gorgeous Rose Bush!...and so frangrant too!...I'm enjoying the fragrance from my lilacs at the moment...only have one rose bush...in the front of my home...and it's a Fairy Rose Bush..gets tiny pink flowers... [Smile]

"Seeing life through Rose-colored glasses!"  -
by Jorgie on June 01, 2006 05:02 AM
I'm jealous, here in Minnesota I am about a day or two away from my first rose.

Your's look gorgeous!!

Jorgie
by Squirrel on June 01, 2006 05:40 AM
My one rose we planted last year. It`s a carefree and it is living up to it`s name. It is polluted with blooms. We bought another one this year. White with red around the edges. Just beautiful. It had 3 blooms on when we planted it, but they are gone now. [Eek!] But I noticed that it has more buds. I`m so happy. [clappy]

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by Jorgie on June 05, 2006 04:37 AM
Talk about weird!!
I have a Queen Elizabeth rose that has very nice "PINK" roses except for a long branch that was uncovered all winter. It has RED roses.

Can anyway explain that?

Jorgie
by Deborah L. on June 05, 2006 08:06 AM
Squirrel, I have a yellow Carefree, covered in buds and flowers.
Jorgie, I don't know, but how neat !

-
 -
by Squirrel on June 05, 2006 10:55 AM
That is weird, Jorgie!!! Do you have a pix? Love to see that one. Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by cinta on June 05, 2006 12:26 PM
Jorgie, the Queen Elizabeth was probably grafted on to a wild rose and the wild rose is growing. They say you should cut the wild rose off or it will take over and kill the Rose that was grafted.

Wild roses are aggressive but do not bloom good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by Jorgie on June 05, 2006 12:42 PM
 -

A neighbor who is a hoticulturist says that this isn't that uncommon. First time I've seen it.

Jorgie
by kyjoy on June 07, 2006 10:42 AM
The red part of your rose has "gone wild." It is growing from below the graft.
by Deborah L. on June 07, 2006 10:53 AM
I think it's awesome !
Someday I hope to plant my dwarf lemon and dwarf orange trees in the same hole so it'll look like one tree growing two different fruits.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: My Rose Mallows| Next thread: My sad Boston Ferns, please help »
Back to Thread index