The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

corkscrew tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by melcon6 on May 20, 2006 01:34 PM
Here's what my kids got me for Mother's day! [thumb]

-

-

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by jonni13 on May 20, 2006 02:36 PM
What some mother's wish for. Twisty trees, snail bait, worms.....
Great gift, Mel.

(Mine was new tires and snail bait)

~Tina
 -
 -
 -
Getting old is the pits. But it sure beats the alternative. My Blog
by SpringFever on May 20, 2006 03:14 PM
That is very cool Mel ... the ones that are twisted together are so unique!! I love it!

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by melcon6 on May 20, 2006 03:26 PM
My daughter and I went all over the property and finally decided we have to totally re-landscape the backyard to accomodate this tree! We've got some grand plans, and I'll have to do some before and after pics for you.

-
 -

by plants 'n pots on May 20, 2006 03:32 PM
Very interesting tree, Mel!
How large does it get? Does it flower?

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by melcon6 on May 20, 2006 03:39 PM
Still trying to do the research on exactly how tall this thing will get, conflicting info right now, which is why I would love to see a pic of Bill's tree. To see if it's the same kind and to see how tall it is!

-
 -

by SpringFever on May 20, 2006 03:41 PM
Lynne they don't really get a flower .. they get these! they get about 8 feet tall as far as I have read.. I have not found any real good info on the Harry lauder's walking stick!  -

-
 -
by melcon6 on May 21, 2006 10:05 AM
That's Awesome, springy! [thumb]

I've got very little and very conflicting info on these trees, I don't believe mine to be the "Harry Lauder" walking stick tree. That variety is grafted onto a straight corylus rootstock but I don't believe I have a grafted one.

I believe I have Corylus avellana 'Contorta' and it could be 20' tall, or 6' tall. The kids got it at HD so of course the tag has very little information on it. For the height and width it just has ?????.

Bill, is this the tree you have that Triss mentioned before?? Do you have a picture of yours? I would love to see it.

-
 -

by Jiffymouse on May 21, 2006 10:18 AM
bill, ME TOO!!!
by RugbyHukr on May 23, 2006 02:13 AM
it does look like a philbert

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by SpringFever on May 23, 2006 02:15 AM
That is all I have gotten as well! A bunch of conflicting info! The info that I found said that all the HLWS are grafted.. there are also curly figs and a few others ..

-
 -
by RugbyHukr on May 23, 2006 02:58 AM
the leaves also look like hazelnut

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: