The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Transplanting Rose of Sharon-- Pruning Question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by KKMedic on April 27, 2006 03:01 PM
I am planning to transplant my Rose of Sharons and Rosa Banksia... should I prune them? If so, how much? Any secrets to help with transplant survival?
Thanks a million!
Katherine

Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action. -Mother Teresa

Work for the Lord - the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this world!

"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's sould remains unawakened."   ~Anatole France
by SpringFever on April 28, 2006 01:33 AM
[sleepy] Sorry still waking up..
Basic rule of thumb move when dormant when no new growth is on the shrub... if you choose to move it now bypass the pruning till fall so you do't risk re-shocking..
and you shouldn't remove more than 1/3 of the plant.. [wavey]

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by KKMedic on April 28, 2006 06:31 AM
We are moving from LA to MS and the move has been delayed, so now I am facing transplanting into the growing season here (next week.)

Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action. -Mother Teresa

Work for the Lord - the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this world!

"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's sould remains unawakened."   ~Anatole France
by SpringFever on April 28, 2006 07:00 AM
Just go ahead and plant it ... but wait to do the pruning! you should be ok that way!!

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by mountaingirl1 on May 06, 2006 02:50 PM
Another question for the Rose of Sharon pruning...
I would like our Rose of Sharon not to be top heavy as so many established shrubs are. How do I prune it to make it fuller at the base?

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: