The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Rabbits

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: rabbits| Next thread: Rabbits »
Back to Thread index
by dcamp on June 30, 2004 08:45 PM
Help! The rabbits are eating everything. They bite off all the flowers on my marigolds. They have eaten my rudebekia down to the ground. Forget the yarrow----right now I have milk crates over them (the yarrow that is). I have sprinkled cayenne pepper around but the little buggers seem to enjoy it. Short of a bow and arrow or a shot gun what's a girl to do? Thank you.

Donna
by Nako on July 01, 2004 04:45 AM
What i would consider doing is putting up chicken wire, or a picket fence. It could be attractive, and protective at the same time ^.^ just make sure you don't fence the lil buggers in. Or you could send the bunnies to me [grin] I love bunnies!

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by ladystressout on July 02, 2004 06:16 PM
Hello and I have the same problem and this is what I have found out about rabbits? They do not like mothballs,bonemeal work really well,talcum powder,chives, human hair and human urine,also sheer curtains. There is a product called "Hinder" but I have never tried it yet! All of these things will have to be reapplied after a rain?I hope these ideas will help you out?
by frustratedattimes on July 04, 2004 05:57 AM
If all else fails, remember the words of that great little chubby guy, Elmer Fudd "Be very very quiet. I'm hunting wabbits." [devil]

Sorry could not resist that one. [Big Grin]

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
http://community.webshots.com/user/johncandy1005
by Shani on July 04, 2004 09:54 AM
I haven't tried this one but my frindd Ben was having trouble with critters in his garden and he found that urinating around the edge of the garden stopped the critter.

Shani
 -
May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
by Phil and Laura on July 04, 2004 05:28 PM
In another rabbit post I stated we use Black pepper , needs re-applied after a rain too, but don't inhale! [Big Grin] [Razz]
by butterflybaby on July 08, 2004 11:31 PM
Dog and cat fur work too and you don't have to reapply after rain. A few good outdoor cats will keep the rabbit population down, which helps in the long run.
by Cricket on July 20, 2004 01:51 AM
If you decide to fence your garden ensure your fence is deep into the earth as rabbits like to dig!
by lilitu on July 20, 2004 01:57 AM
If you don't have a dog/cat, you can always stop by your hair salon and ask them to sweep up some hair for you, & u can "dispose" of it for them.
Just make sure you get enough to put around all the plants.
Or you can buy a bb gun and peg their little patooties!

~lilitu~
by Carly on July 20, 2004 07:54 AM
The people on the property next door to our building are using mothballs to deter squirrels.

The cats keep them outta' things in the daytime but both their cat, Duffer and my cat, Skitter are brought in at supper time.

Neither are allowed out after dark so the squirrels have a good time.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: rabbits| Next thread: Rabbits »
Back to Thread index