The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Lavender turning gray

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by BushPlace on June 30, 2006 06:04 PM
I purchased 4 healthy lavendar plants from my local trader joes. They were in one gallon pots and I transplanted them to five gallon plastic pots for our deck. Three of them are lovely and healthy. One of them has a section turning gray and appears to be dying. I planted them using fresh soil from the same source. They have equal sun and I water them the same amount and frequency.

I removed the "dying" portion hoping it would not affect those areas that were still healthy. I bought another plant from TJs and added it (there is room) and now it is showing the same symptoms. Not sure what to do.
by TomR on July 01, 2006 12:17 AM
Kind of sounds like fungus to me. Try a fungicide. make sure to READ THE LABLE.

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
by RugbyHukr on July 01, 2006 01:50 PM
the problem is moisture.

they were in 1 gal. pots, the roots had the proper amt. of soil to be happy.

in 5 gal. pots there is too much soil. it holds moisture longer before drying, thus the roots are drowning. also, plants in plastic need less water because plastic holds water in.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: