The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

A brand new patio

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by tkhooper on June 19, 2006 06:57 AM
One of the ladies from the church has rescently moved and wants some flowers for her patio. So far I've come up with these from my garden. Blackberry Lily (the marigolds overran them), Day Lily (It hasn't bloomed yet but I'm thinking maybe it is immature), Chives ( the thyme needs the room), Chrysanthamum cutting (I'm assuming it doesn't die between now and next sunday), Black Oil Sunflower seedlings, Coleus Cutting, Purple Passion cutting, and maybe one or two of the banana melons. They are kind of squished in their container right now. Is that a good start? I'm assuming that it is a small patio because they are one bedroom appartments.

I did tell her she will have to come up with her own pots since I don't have any nice looking ones.

I just wish I had a bigger compost pile. I can't seem to keep good soil around the place lol. Another lady asked me today where I got my compost. When I told her I make my own she said that figured lol.

-
 -
by penny in ontario on June 22, 2006 03:58 AM
make sure that you take a couple of pictures of it Tammy, I would love to see it when you finish.

What you have so far..sounds great...maybe throw in a few petunias for some really vibrant color!

-
 -

-
by chenno on July 15, 2006 05:09 AM
Sounds good, How nice of you!

-
 -
Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks.
Plutarch
by Dixie Angel on July 15, 2006 05:15 AM
Not only should she bring her own pots, she ought to bring her own compost/soil for you to pot them in so you can save your compost for your garden...

I think it is sweet of you to help her out with the plants for the patio...

Dianna

-
 -
by Triss on July 16, 2006 11:43 AM
Sounds like a great start for her garden Tammy! Your successes in your garden are spreading far and wide!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by Bestofour on August 26, 2006 01:25 PM
how did things turn out?

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: