The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Need suggestions on which flowers to plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Ronda on May 07, 2006 01:25 AM
Hi!
I started this forum this week, because my husband has given my the nickname "The Flower Terminator" [tears] I need advice please! I hope to prove to my husabnd I CAN grow flowers. ( who dose'nt like to prove a man wrong : ) HE HE

Can you recommened easy to grow flowers that will do well in containers and partial sun. I have 3 containers that I want to put on the railings of my back deck. The containers are 24 inches long 10 wide and 4 deep.

Also, there are SOOO many flower nurserys on the web, wo do you recommend? (we do not have a lot of choiced were I live)

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank You Thank You

Thany you so much for your help!

Ronda
by Ronda on May 07, 2006 01:29 AM
Sorry, I forgot to spell check and I noticed a few missed spelled words/typos. That happens when you have a dog crying to be let outside and 4 year old yelling for mommy.

Ronda

Ronda
by gardeningmomma on May 08, 2006 02:11 PM
I love pansies in my containers. You could have zinnas, marigolds, sun flowers, impatiens, morning glory, petunias, just to name a few. I like Brecks and Richard Owen's Nursery, but I don't know what they have in the way of flowers. Have you tried seeds at all? My in-laws order theirs from Gurneys and have been happy with everything they've received. Good Luck!
by Deborah L. on May 08, 2006 05:30 PM
And strawberries, mini roses, geraniums, ivies,
herbs, fuchsias, ferns, patio tomatoes, gosh, alot !
Good luck and have fun !

-
 -
by Deborah L. on May 08, 2006 05:31 PM
Begonias, daisies, poppies.... what else everyone?

-
 -
by patches1414 on May 08, 2006 06:53 PM
Hi Rhonda! [wavey]

How much sun is partial sun for you? [dunno] I love [Love] the begonias in containers because they can take full sun to partial sun and still look great. [thumb]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by Sir Ts Princess on May 16, 2006 04:56 AM
Well, how about Wild flowers? Celosia? Salvia? or Forget-me-not? Hmm, some others would be: Moss Verbena, Viola, Red Poppies, Moss Roses. That's all I can come up with right now.
BTW, the Moss roses are wonderful. I bought some a couple of years ago, they grew well in a container, and cost me .97 cents per package of seeds at Wal-Mart.

-
by Ronda on May 16, 2006 10:58 PM
Thank you all for the wonderful ideas! [kissies]
This is really a great forum. I am glad I found it. [Love]

Thank again [thumb]

Ronda
by patches1414 on May 17, 2006 12:35 AM
Hey Ronda, I'm glad you found us too! [Wink] I hope you'll let us know what you decide to do and maybe show us some pictues! [thumb]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: