The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Why are my Crotons only Green?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by frustrated on May 22, 2005 04:07 PM
I planted about 3 different types of crotons last year. These include the "corkscrew", "Oak Leaf" and what I refer to as the "regular" croton. All of these had very bright colors (especially the regular and oak leaf). I cut ALL of them down earlier this year and all have survived and have now produced new leaves. My problem is that regardless of the variety, ALL of the leaves are solid green. Yup, not even a hint of yellow, red or orange in any of them. I've watered them and fed them but now I'm just scratching my head. Can anyone help?
by pcgrav on May 22, 2005 07:48 PM
To develope its best leaf coloring, croton needs direct light, a warm temp., and medium to high humidity... Got all of these?? Maybe its just not far enough along to develope it color-- give it a little more time to heat up... I won't say warm because you're farther south than I am and I know its WARM here! Anyways- GOOD LUCK [thumb]

-
 - Each day is a new beginning...What you begin is your choice.
 - The pleasure you receive from life is equal only to the attitude you put into it.
by Francine on May 23, 2005 08:15 AM
hey,

here s what seems like a good site for your croton,hope you ll find what you re looking for.

www.houseplants-flowers-online-caretips.com

Bonne chance!! Good luck!! [flower]

http://photobucket.com/albums/d23/fv1962/

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: