The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Has Anyone Ever Used Earthboxes?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Needlepoint142 on April 08, 2006 02:50 PM
Has anyone ever tried the Earthboxes I've seen advertised?

Please tell me everything you think about them.

I would like to grow bell peppers and tomatoes in containers this summer.

Thanks. [flower] [flower] [flower] [flower]
by Deborah L. on April 16, 2006 03:26 AM
I don't know anything about them, but while channel surfing I saw one on HSN, one of the shopping channels. I missed the presentation, and only saw the earth box. It looked like a box with a screen and a stick on top.
What's the concept, do you know? And why the stick on top?

-
 -
by TomR on April 16, 2006 10:53 PM
Never heard of them but if they are like a big box to grow stuff in it'll work fine! I grow some veggies in a 1 foot deep by 1 foot wide by 4 foot long planter box filled with potting mix.I also do it in a 4 x 4 foot raised bed. Go for it but make sure you check for water as they dry out faster than ground planted plants.

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
by TomR on April 16, 2006 10:55 PM
Just googled it and yes, it'll work great! Neat box! Go for it!

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
by JScorpLeo on April 25, 2006 12:23 PM
If I'm not mistaken, don't they water from the bottom?
by ttouslee on May 05, 2006 02:57 AM
I have one, and yes they water from the bottom. There is a grate that is put at the bottom and that stick is the watering hole. They work very nicely.

Tammy
true lover of all flowers
by Redwood on June 05, 2006 07:03 AM
I found this while stubling about, looks like Great idea.. I have my buckets.. just haven't completed the project yet!

http://www.dougs.org/doug/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4

humm, first try here: good luck

holy smokes! I think I _got it! be Sure, to click the 'photos here' link in the first msg...

Another try: does it work?

I will try peppers in a couple of these.. Good luck!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: