The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Orange Tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Orange rose bush| Next thread: Orange Tree »
Back to Thread index
by Deborah L. on March 19, 2006 08:05 AM
I bought a dwarf Valencia orange tree today !
I'm going to grow it in a large plastic (clay lookalike) pot. Spent a very happy afternoon plnating it.
Wish me luck !

-
 -
by seeme on March 22, 2006 09:16 AM
does it grow edible oranges?i saw an orange tree once but it said you couldn't eat the fruit.
by Deborah L. on March 22, 2006 01:23 PM
Oh, yes ! They're called Valencia oranges, a good juice orange.

-
 -
by peppereater on March 27, 2006 05:49 AM
Fantastic, Deborah! You'll have the best juice! After reading about the different citrus some of the members grow, I'm feeling inspired to grow some...now if I just had more room indoors.

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by Deborah L. on March 28, 2006 04:38 AM
Thanks ! I hope you find room, and if you don't have a Meyer lemon, I can heartily recommend getting one !
Mine is a delight ! Flowers, heavenly fragrance, good fruit, in my opinion it's the perfect tree !
If I could have only one tree all my life, it would be a Meyer lemon !

-
 -
by Handbright on April 02, 2006 09:02 PM
You all are so lucky! I cant buy one here , no citus at all, because of the cancre up in the middle of the state...
The house I moved from (downsizing for me and my dogs) had 14 navel orange trees and the most beautiful tangerine tree ive ever seen- easily 30 feet tall and when it fruited you could hardly see the green leaves...And when they blossomed-oh the scent was heavenly. *sigh*
Maybe I just have to move to California to be able to enjoy these beautiful trees again. (My daughter is in L.A. so I would have a great excuse.) Wishing you the very best success with your trees, [Smile] HB

the first duty of love is to listen
by Deborah L. on April 03, 2006 12:05 AM
Thank you, Handbright ! My little Valencia orange tree now has new growth, so I think she likes me !
Yes, come on out-we can always use good people !
[wavey]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Orange rose bush| Next thread: Orange Tree »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: