The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

My dog wants to use the fountain as his water dish.

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by ND farm girl on August 01, 2006 09:44 AM
I have made a water fountain using an old water pump, pumping water into a wine barrel. We have a puppy - well, he's a 125-pound puppy. An English Mastiff. I want to treat the water with something so I don't have to clean it so much - it gets kind of nasty looking, but I suppose I can't do this if Cooper is drinking the water?

PattyM
by Jiffymouse on August 01, 2006 01:35 PM
plop some pond plants in it. it will clear it up organicly. also, you can get the kind of chemical to clear up aquarium water (safe for fishes) that would be safe for your puppy.
by ND farm girl on August 01, 2006 04:19 PM
Thanks, I'll have to try the plants and hope Cooper doesn't eat those! [Smile]

PattyM
by dodge on August 03, 2006 12:48 PM
Some dogs will eat plants........I gave some to a lady in Ohio and the dog ate them right out of the pots.......

When it is goin to Rain , dogs start to eat grass for some reason>>>>>>>>>>maybe that includes flowers..ha ha

dodge

Another farm girl......

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by Jiffymouse on August 03, 2006 03:40 PM
my dogs don't eat my pond plants. they eat lots of stuff, but not those [thumb]
by ND farm girl on August 03, 2006 03:43 PM
Cooper eats EVERYTHING! Literally. Socks, my garden gloves, flowers, etc. I might just have to put up some sort of nice fence to keep him out, I don't want to because it looks to nice to put something around it, but maybe I'll have to be creative. Thanks!

PattyM

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: