The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

pics of pond

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: pics of my summer and winter garden| Next thread: picture »
Back to Thread index
by Zaney on July 28, 2006 09:53 AM
Am new here this week and have been asked to post some pictures, so here goes. First pic is blurred, fish would not say cheese. lol
 -

-

-

Life is like a garden, Nurturing, love, and sunshine will make it beautiful
by loz on July 28, 2006 10:08 AM
OMG, your pond is beautiful! I want one just like that....wanna come build me one? [Big Grin] [thumb]

I had to resize your pics, I did it this time but generally we just delete them if they are too big. The limits here for picture sizes are 640 by 480. That way it doesn't run off the page......

So you wanna come build me a pond just like that or what? [grin] [thumb]
by plants 'n pots on July 28, 2006 10:11 AM
WOW OH WOW OH WOW!!!

Green eyed monster here! Just beautiful! [clappy] [thumb]

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by loz on July 28, 2006 10:12 AM
Isn't it pretty Lynne.... [thumb]

Do you think you'll put a big pond in eventually Lynne? I can't wait to enlarge mine.....I would love one like that, but I know it won't happen. [Eek!]
by Zaney on July 28, 2006 10:14 AM
How do I size my photos down please?

by Zaney on July 28, 2006 10:15 AM
Thank you all for the kind words

by loz on July 28, 2006 10:16 AM
Do you use photobucket for your pictures? If so it automatically resizes most pictures. If it's still too big you can hit the edit button above each picture and resize them from there. Photobucket is really great, and it's free!
by Zaney on July 28, 2006 10:17 AM
Loz, for room and board, we will come and build it, well hubby will I just supervise...lol

by Zaney on July 28, 2006 10:18 AM
Yes I use photo bucket, cos I thought they did that for you, I must be doing something wrong

by loz on July 28, 2006 10:19 AM
Once I upload a pic I always click on it and see how big it is. If it's too big I just go into the edit section and resize it. [thumb]

Did you start with a smaller pond or did you just build this one first?
by Zaney on July 28, 2006 10:23 AM
no we started with a small 200 gallon pond 6 yrs ago, then added another at the rear of the house, then added another to it, with a water fall, but my Koi was too big, so we changed the 3 rd one into the large one, now we are going to start a 4th

by loz on July 28, 2006 10:30 AM
[Big Grin] I think that's usually how it works...you start small and then think...hmmmm, this is great why did I make such a small pond...Next thing you know you end up with a lake in your yard. [Big Grin] I just love yours though. Is the large part all above ground?

Afgreyparrot(Cindy) can attest to that. She has a big old pond she dug out.

BTW, if I don't answer your next PM it's because I popped over to my parents--they live across the st and she made me a coffee. [thumb]
by Triss on July 28, 2006 11:27 AM
WOW, what a beautiful paradise you have there. I would love coffee every single morning right there on that rock tower next to the falls. Awesome place you have there!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by plants 'n pots on July 28, 2006 12:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by loz:
Isn't it pretty Lynne.... [thumb]

Do you think you'll put a big pond in eventually Lynne? I can't wait to enlarge mine.....I would love one like that, but I know it won't happen. [Eek!]

Unfortunately, I don't ever see that happening here, loz - unless we win the lottery! Or... Don gets a new back! [Roll Eyes]

But we can live vicariously, right?!? [thumb] [clappy]

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Squirrel on July 28, 2006 01:15 PM
Zaney, Love your ponds!!! They belong in a magazine. Just gorgeous. Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by chenno on July 28, 2006 01:50 PM
OMG!!!!Can I come live there! how awesome!!! what a great pond//wow!!!Love It..Never had a pond, I have a creek but, DNR, controls it...so cool...someday!
love it!

-
 -
Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks.
Plutarch
by cinta on July 28, 2006 02:07 PM
I am green with envy. That is simply gorgeous. I love the levels. Can I borrow your husband? LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by Jiffymouse on July 28, 2006 02:20 PM
uh, um, WOW! [thumb] what a great idea! what did you use for a liner? hm.... i have to think about those things... i love that!
by jakesangel on July 29, 2006 12:36 AM
I agree they belong in a magazine! Gorgeous photos Zaney.

So you are my proof that it is addicting! I told my husband yesterday that I'd heard ponding was addicting..you start out with one small one and end up wanting more. He said oh nooooo..we're not going there. lol

hehe..I'm hoping the little pond we've created will grow on him!

-
Country Roads  -
by penny in ontario on July 29, 2006 02:23 AM
Absolutely stunning!!!

Thanks for sharing with us [thumb] [thumb]

-
 -

-
by loz on July 29, 2006 03:35 AM
I was showing my husband your pictures and he said...hmmmmm, I could build one like that! [Wink] [Big Grin] [thumb]
by cookinmom on July 29, 2006 08:43 AM
Zany, that is the most beautiful pond! I love it. My daughter wants to build another pond, and now that we're about to move, my husband keeps reminding me that we can have a bigger one at the new place. I'm showing them your pictures!
What all is under the water? Do you have rocks or liner or both?

-
Real women don't have hot flashes -- we have power surges!
by welldigger on August 01, 2006 01:14 PM
That is a very nice pond it looks expensive. i bet ya didnt build that in one day. i wish i was that talented. maybe one day [thumb]

justin

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: pics of my summer and winter garden| Next thread: picture »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: