The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

submerged plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Stupid tomatoes!!| Next thread: Successful Shade Plants »
Back to Thread index
by cookinmom on June 23, 2006 09:06 AM
Does anyone have a handful of extra submerged plants they could share? I've got some parrot's feather coming along slowly, to float on top, but I really need to put some plants underwater. Just a little bit.

[Smile]

-
Real women don't have hot flashes -- we have power surges!
by Jiffymouse on June 23, 2006 03:15 PM
valerie, which side of jax are you on? i'm just wondering...
by langford on June 24, 2006 03:39 AM
I am suppose to be receiving some from this guy in the mail..if i get alot of them, i'll send some your way..k?
by cookinmom on June 24, 2006 03:54 AM
Jiffy, I'm on the north side of Jax, about 5 miles from the Duval/Nassau cty line. My husband wants to move though, because too many people are moving out here. [tears]

-
by Jiffymouse on June 25, 2006 01:48 AM
i was wondering. i'm near savannah, about 2 hours from you. i'm exactly 2 hours from the jax airport. the reason i asked was that if i get a bog garden going like i want, i will share plants with you as they multiply.
by Karrie on June 29, 2006 11:22 AM
Jiffy please keep us posted on the bog garden progress, I am considering one my self in a low spot of the yard it holds water so I figured I'd work with it instead of against it.

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by Jiffymouse on June 30, 2006 06:43 AM
that's my idea karrie. i have to build up the area where we park, so i figured that if i dug out a bog garden (already have it started) i could put the dirt in the parking area and solve 2 problems with one try. i think my daughter and i are going to do that this weekend. i'll post pics.
by cookinmom on June 30, 2006 10:23 AM
Thanks Jiffy! Have fun playing in the dirt! It's a lovely way to spend the weekend! That's cool that you live so close. We are about 15 min SW of the airport.

-
by Jiffymouse on June 30, 2006 03:19 PM
so you aren't far at all. next time i head that way, i'll pm you and maybe we can meet for coffee or tea!

and you know, you aren't far from gardenmom32210. (i think those are the numbers after her name) she is a great person too!
by cookinmom on July 01, 2006 09:01 AM
Yeah, Gardenmom32210 and I have pm'd a little bit. She doesn't live very far from my kids' school.

Do let me know if you're in the area!
[Wink]

-
by Karrie on July 01, 2006 04:46 PM
I am looking forward to those updates Jiffy. I have an area that well its hard to describe our drainage is awful here. And short of dozing about ohhh 8 acres of land flat. Its gonna stay that way. Its right beside my back patio and when it rains it stays wet there for days. I figured work with it instead of against it. I just didn't even know where to begin with......do I dig it out a lil deeper. I need to research it but just haven't yet. Maybe seeing someone else give it a try will encourage me and give me the confidence to give it a try.

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by Jiffymouse on July 02, 2006 01:29 AM
i'll take lots of pics... i think we are starting today...
by Karrie on July 17, 2006 02:04 PM
Any updates on the bog garden, inquiring minds wanna know??????

-
 -

Karrie's Photos
by Jiffymouse on July 17, 2006 03:28 PM
nope. didn't get squat done but some daydreaming on it. i promise i'll post pics when it starts moving though!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Stupid tomatoes!!| Next thread: Successful Shade Plants »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: