The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pond Updates (graphics heavy)

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Pianolady on June 16, 2006 07:13 PM
Here's the two ponds in the back. I have 3 koi and one goldfish in the pond at the bottom of the first photo (800 gallons). Two sarassa in the top pond (200 gallons).
 -

-

This is my new little watering hole in the front. There is a small prefab waterfall leading into it, but I fill it with impatiens, so you don't even see it. There's two small goldfish in there for mosquito control & the plant-filled waterfall keeps the algae at bay (and it gets some shade).
 -

-
 -

-
by plants 'n pots on June 17, 2006 12:41 AM
Wonderful pictures of your pretty ponds!
Looks like you did a lot of hard work on them, and it all came out great! [thumb]

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by cookinmom on June 17, 2006 04:17 AM
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!! [thumb]
I love it all!
Do those big rocks "grow" near you, or did you have to buy those? Rocks don't grow here; we only have sand, but people sell them! For a lot of money! [devil]

-
Real women don't have hot flashes -- we have power surges!
by afgreyparrot on June 17, 2006 08:22 AM
Beautiful! [thumb]

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by loz on June 17, 2006 08:56 AM
Love them!!!! Really great pictures! [thumb]
by langford on June 17, 2006 09:06 AM
I love those double impatients. I have them in pots inside my gazebo..they grow very well when kept in the shade..very nice pictures..once i figure out how to post pictures, i will do so.
by Pianolady on June 20, 2006 05:33 PM
I'm a bit late...but thanks! (Been out of town).

The rocks don't exactly grow near me, but they grow near my inlaws and we have a big truck. [Wink]

-
by Karrie on June 25, 2006 10:20 AM
How do you keep the impatients in the waterfall feature? I realy like that idea. Just cant figure out how ya do it without washing away all the dirt around the roots, and without haveing a muddy mess in the pond?

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: