The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Made the mistake of shopping today....

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Madagascar Dragon Tree| Next thread: Madonna lillies »
Back to Thread index
by Pianolady on May 04, 2006 03:26 PM
I should have known better than to go to the "pond place" today. Seems I can't leave without spending extra $ every time I go...

But, I just couldn't resist a taro screaming "buy me", dwarf cattails got me too, and decided to pick up some water hyacinth to try rooting them in a dirt pot with poor drainage (in standing water on the top...with a mosquito dunk), and see how well they flower. Since I'm not placing them in the pond, I can fertilize them all I want. I'm just experimenting to see what happens. Perhaps this is a sign of boredom?

Passed by the koi...cannot buy, cannot buy, I keep reminding myself. I keep a light fish load, and plan to keep it that way. Fun to look though.

Most interesting thing is my water celery is coming back this year. I left it in the pond for the heck of it. I'm in zone 4b. We did have a mild winter.

-
by langford on May 05, 2006 03:53 AM
Hahahahaha..i do that everytime. My hubby has insisted that i have a problem with focusing on what i went for. Hmmmm..maybe i do.!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Madagascar Dragon Tree| Next thread: Madonna lillies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: