The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

pond plans for spring

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: pond pics| Next thread: Pond Season has been upon me »
Back to Thread index
by njoynit on January 17, 2006 06:56 AM
I've got pond plans going again.got ponds thats moved& ponds relocated..lol
Well the pond that WAS the ducks pond.were waiting on me to finish moveing plants(EE,cannas,bugleweed,alluim,daffs,paperwhites)then we are removeing the tarp& pushing the soil back in(I'll probably hide some leaves in here before pushing dirt)
Hubby says: we are filling and not putting any plants here**my side of yard...excuse ME!**and thinks is going to sow some more st agustine grass.

I SAYS:hmmm maybe :idea:put my old black 100 gallon back but center it between bedroom windows [thumb] toss a few brug plants& EEs& castors cannas back almost like before [Cool]

Who knows who will win .I'd like to do my plain stright line water bed in front of new bed I'm doing.I figure 16 ft long& 2 ft wide& can make a small bridge.

What new pond plans does anyone else have?
I KNOW cindy will do something//////even if is to make a PVC pipe toy for the fish to swim around in...lol [Big Grin]

-
 -
I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
by afgreyparrot on January 17, 2006 07:01 AM
quote:
even if is to make a PVC pipe toy for the fish to swim around in...
Would they like that? [grin]
I always thought they needed something to swim through...
...for some diversion. [dunno]

quote:
Who knows who will win
My money is on YOU! [Big Grin] [thumb] [grin]

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Gardencrazy on January 18, 2006 03:54 AM
quote:
quote: Who knows who will win

My money is on YOU!
My money is on you too!

I have BIG plans for this spring [Big Grin] Now if I can accomplish them is another story [Embarrassed]
I am hoping to get at least 8 more lotus bogs and a 3000+ gallon pond completed. My basement looks like a bucket festival with all my lotus containers. [Big Grin]

I will also be doing a pond for a friend. Which is so cool.

-
 -
 - my webshots ~ my photobucket
by afgreyparrot on January 19, 2006 10:17 AM
Are lotus those BIG humongus round things you have?

[dunno]

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Gardencrazy on January 19, 2006 06:00 PM
Yep! They sure are. I had a leaf measure over 16" last summer. They have some of the most beautiful blooms too. [grin]

-
 -
 - my webshots ~ my photobucket
by njoynit on March 02, 2006 10:49 PM
& I can't wait to "grow me own"

you got that many huh..... [lala]

-
 -
I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
by cinta on March 06, 2006 09:47 AM
I plan to build the waterfall this year for my pond and follow Tina's idea and incorporate the succulent sea scape around the pond area.

That is the plan I hope I complete the task.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by langford on April 26, 2006 08:35 AM
Ok..i think i have responded in like 5 of these forums..but here is another question for ya..why are these dang water plants so dang much? i mean i went to this place by my house..called utopia watergarden..now mind you..it's a freakin swamp land there and the plants look discusting..but anyhow..the were telling me these one lotus(after reading these forums decided i should get me some of them) she is like this one is white on the inside, pink on the outside ..something like that..tell ya the truth..i believe the lady was high as a kite..even hubby said..you know she was puffin the pipe sometime today..anyhow..enough about druggy..she wanted 75.00 for these plants..i mean it's a FREAKIN PLANT lady..i can buy flower seed for .10 at the wal-mart.was she kidding..i mean are these plants that much? i will never be able to afford to fix up my pond at those rates...not even after i put the 5 kids up on ebay..i mean lets get real here..
by SpringFever on April 27, 2006 03:49 AM
K-Mart has them here also home depot I got mine for 15 bucks ... and after they flower you can get the seeds

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by langford on April 27, 2006 03:57 AM
ok..that is more like it...now do you have a normal k-mart..or is it a super k-mart..cause our k-mart..is freakin gross..it has nothing in it..and i don't have a home depot by me..but i can go this weekend to one of those..
by SpringFever on April 27, 2006 03:59 AM
I think it is a reg one it is gross here too
even lowes..wal-mart

-
 -
by langford on April 27, 2006 04:39 AM
our lowes is nice..but very limited supply of stuff this year for water gardens..very disappointed in that..
by SpringFever on April 27, 2006 07:57 AM
I am sure later in the season there will be more!

-
 -
by langford on April 27, 2006 08:11 AM
i sure hope so..cause i'll be awfully mad if not..
by SpringFever on April 27, 2006 08:37 AM
If mine actually flowers I will get you a couple seeds there suppose to be big...

-
 -
by langford on April 27, 2006 09:43 AM
Wow, awesome..thank you!
by SpringFever on April 27, 2006 09:46 AM
No prob ... suppose to be a pita to start though!

-
 -
by langford on April 27, 2006 09:51 AM
i think alot of them are..hubby just stopped by my work..he is going home to cut the grass..then he is going to get an extention cord out..to start the design of the pond..oh ya.........momma is happy now!
by SpringFever on April 27, 2006 10:19 AM
LOL cracking the whip !! [Big Grin] .. ohh its good for them!!

-
 -
by langford on April 27, 2006 10:21 AM
of course...we have our daughters play tonight..so hopefully he'll get done soon..i'd hate for him not to get that done..hehehehe..
by SpringFever on April 27, 2006 10:29 AM
hahaa I seldom crack it [lala] [lala] seroius [lala] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I am sure he'll be thinkin about it at least

-
 -
by langford on April 27, 2006 10:49 AM
i sure he will..or at least i hope he does..hehe..i want it done NOW..
by SpringFever on April 27, 2006 10:59 AM
HAHAHA wanna place a bet JK LOL (HE'S A MAN)

-
 -
by langford on April 28, 2006 05:59 AM
Well..i'm glad we didn't place that bet..because..well..nothing was done when i got home last night..and well he just called again and he just called and got called into work..SOOOOOOOOOO...guess what's not getting done this week..so i checked the forcast for the weekend..thinking we have all weekend rayann..chill it will be ok..ummmmmm NO..RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN and yes MORE RAIN
by SpringFever on April 28, 2006 09:16 AM
ohhhhh crud that stinks !!! well there is a lot of weekends that will be nice right!!
so I got the flowers planted and they look pretty good.. Had some that I just stuck in cause I didn't wanna dig out the big ole rocks..
but I planted some primrose and poppy's and some kinda rusty colored black eyed susan some mother of thyme and some golden thyme around my pond cause you can walk on it ...

-
 -
by langford on April 28, 2006 09:39 AM
you can?? you can walk on flowers? now are those annuals that you planted or perrenials.? i know poppy's are annuals..but that other stuff..what's that?
by SpringFever on April 28, 2006 11:44 AM
Thyme ... the creeping kind want me to take a pic? it is pretty low growing and has pretty pink flowers in summer ... Perrenials only.. even the poppy's at least here ...

-
 -
by langford on April 29, 2006 05:35 AM
yes please do take a pic..i'd love to see it...oh i seen poppy's at lowes in a pack of annuals..so cool..i can't wait to see those pics..that is cool..i would feel like i was violating the flower somehow by walking on them..hehe
by SpringFever on May 01, 2006 02:55 PM
 -  - These are the ones Lang
Hope you had a great weekend

-
 -
by langford on May 03, 2006 02:44 AM
Spring, how ya doing this week? I've been busy at work..and had a helk of a weekend..oldest daughter had a chorus competition..oldest son had baseball practice..after doing both of those, it started raining and has yet to stop..LOVELY!! anyhow..we worked on the basement of course, because well the rain wouldn't allow the outside to be started..ok..the top picture you show..is there anyway you can get a real good close up of that..i think i have that in my one garden..and i keep pulling the dang things out i thought it was some sort of weed..HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...does that top one grow all sorts of different color flowers on it..pinks, reds, whites, yellows? i mean this stuff took over last year..oh wait..i think i have a picture of it in one of my pond pics..i'll look for it today, post it.and you can tell me if it's the same crap..the stuff literally takes over..i mean it's crazy..i'm thinking of ripping it out cause i want more stuff there..ya know? Did you have a good weekend?
by SpringFever on May 03, 2006 04:51 AM
Hokey smokes I think the pics are too big I never checked them oops...

-
 -
by SpringFever on May 03, 2006 04:55 AM
Thanks Cindy!!!

-
 -
by SpringFever on May 03, 2006 04:59 AM
Hey Lang .. I had a wedding to go to on Sat night it was a blast.. and we put the swing set up for the boys on sun.. pretty much just poked around the yard..It is raining out here too but we really needed it!
I will get a better pic of it (at least try!)

-
 -
by SpringFever on May 03, 2006 05:06 AM
 -
That is the best I can do...

-
 -
by langford on May 03, 2006 05:08 AM
Cool, wow you sure were busy this weekend..so do they like the swingset..we are sooo busy the next couple of weekends...this coming weekend we have my nephews birthday party..the following weekend is mothers day weekend..i'm planting all my annual & my husband is putting the pool up...hehe..hopefully that will turn out nice..so i'm hoping this saturday we can dig the hole for the pond..ya know? We are renting a backhoe..hehe..this ought to be interesting..
by langford on May 03, 2006 05:09 AM
that looks like it..i'll se if i grabbed that disk when i go to lunch..it'll be out in the truck if so..hopefully...thanks for doing that for me. Appreciate it..so i think i'm going to go shopping soon for my annuals..hehe...hopefully this week..
by SpringFever on May 03, 2006 05:15 AM
I usually do it on mothers day weekend too it is my presant..
I didn't think it spread like that [dunno] it does have little pinkish red flowers though and it is tough .. I like it around the pond so I dom't have to worry about the kids walking on it.
sounds like you had a lot of stuff this weekend huh...

-
 -
by SpringFever on May 03, 2006 05:16 AM
 -

-
 -
by langford on May 03, 2006 05:18 AM
Well obviously they like it...hehe..that's good..yeah i did have alot going on this weekend..my sister lives in illinois so that is a nice little drive to take the kids on..hehe..i hope to god it is nice this weekend..i will be SOOOOOOOOO pissed if it rains saturday..and nice on sunday.hahahhaha...that's my luck..
by SpringFever on May 03, 2006 05:28 AM
Yeah right I don't blame you.. I would be bummed out too....

-
 -
by langford on May 03, 2006 05:35 AM
Well you know how the weather men are...but my forcast for the weekend as of today..is 55 and thunderstorms on saturday...NICE..real NICE..I'm telling you it's going to keep doing this to me every dang weekend..it did last year.
by SpringFever on May 03, 2006 06:46 AM
I am soo glad I only work on the weekends -- usually!! Cause I usually get the same weather!!

-
 -
by langford on May 04, 2006 03:23 AM
Yeah that must be nice! So i think i am going to go home tonight and start digging..I figure if i wait for my husband to do it, i'll be 90. I talked to him about doing the digging tomorrow (he'll be of work then) so i said, baby..why don't you dig that pond on thursday..he said..i was going to finish the basement..Now dear...let us ponder this thought..your going to work on the basement in 80º weather..but, when it's raining this weekend and 55º on saturday..your going to do what? So, I'm getting the feeling he just doesn't want to do it..so i'm going to start digging..bet he doesn't like that! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
by SpringFever on May 04, 2006 03:29 AM
Nope I bet he will feel guilty for putting you off for so long!!
I snapped the handle off my espresso machine... grrr can't make coffee .. 38 bucks for a new one what a pain in the butt!!
still raining here so gonna have to enterrain the kiddies in the house .. uggg my day is going to be great!!

-
 -
by langford on May 04, 2006 04:13 AM
Well you sound like your having a bad day already! I'm sorry to hear that, but if it makes you feel better, it is the warmest day of the year here (so far) and well i'm stuck INDOORS..I keep going out for a cigarette break thinking to myself, i should have called in sick! I could be at home digging away. The whole thing with the espresso machine would have done it for me! I had a caramel latte this morning from starbucks..yummy!! Drank that, now i'm on to regular coffee..I think today i'll go tanning on my lunch, maybe that will make me feel better! And right......hahahaha...your so funny..him feel bad..that would be a consept he has never heard of..
by SpringFever on May 04, 2006 05:03 AM
Yep Just peachy!!
Finally a nice day and your stuck Bummer ... Yeah I have the star bucks espresso machine .. I make all my own drinks!! [thumb] not for a week now .. Grrr
Ohh dosnt really work for my hubby either hahaha always figure it is worth a try though!

-
 -
by langford on May 05, 2006 04:02 AM
Oh gosh i wish i could make my own. Maybe i'll look into getting one of those. Hehe..I'm starting today to pester hubby about the digging..figure if i get on his nerves he'll eventually just do it to shut me up..hahahaha
by SpringFever on May 05, 2006 06:36 AM
Hahaha .. no doubt Lang.. usually works for me.. it was nice earlier so I took the boys out to play and got a few rays...
Now it looks like thunder so we had to come in..

When I first got mine it was a 100 bucks now they are between 3 and 4 hundred for a good one ... if you drink as much as I do it is worth the money though..

-
 -
by langford on May 23, 2006 04:29 AM
Oh i drink alot of coffee that is for sure...about 2 pots a day usually in the winter..in the summer..usually only a couple cups in the morning..hehe

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: pond pics| Next thread: Pond Season has been upon me »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: