The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hollyhock and Delphinium Seeds

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: hollyhock| Next thread: Hollyhock seed question »
Back to Thread index
by Oahugirl on June 20, 2004 05:15 AM
I am so annoyed! I have never planted something from a seed before and I have two different ways according to the package. I tried to get the info on this website, but I actually got confused. I need someone to explain this to me in lame man's terms! Please help me.
by weezie13 on June 20, 2004 05:25 AM
Oahugirl,
What have you done so far????????

For each of them?

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by loz on June 20, 2004 06:17 AM
Hmmm, I don't know what you read.....or what your packets say, but I tried to grow both of them this spring.......My delphiniums completely died [Frown] (a product of my overwatering I believe)......but a few of my hollyhocks survived [clappy] .....didn't plant them any special way.....just planted them in peat pots, and kept them near the window, then when they got big enough I just planted the peat pot in the ground--using peat pots is easier on a lot of plants because there isn't so much transplant shock........they are getting huge now.......can't believe how big the leaves are getting.......what is it exactly that you want to know..... [wayey] Oh, and when I told certain people I was trying to grow delphinium seeds I heard that they were very difficult to grow....some of the seeds I had success with were my marigolds, and cosmos--now they seem to grow no matter what..... [thumb]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: hollyhock| Next thread: Hollyhock seed question »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: