The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Regal Visitor

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Refrigerator soup| Next thread: Regarding the posting of photos... »
Back to Thread index
by gailo on September 23, 2006 10:00 PM
Yesterday the weather was gorgeous. In the AM I saw an eagle in my neighbor's tree. These kinds of dead limbs are favorites of eagles and osprey. I was able to get pretty close. The eagle was watching its young fledgling hunt but wouldn't allow it to come and sit on the tree. It pointed its head to the sky and peeped when the young one came close. They sound like a cross between a gull and an osprey. It is a very small sound for such a big and noble looking bird. [Wink] I hope you enjoy the pictures.

-

-

gailo
by TulsaRose on September 23, 2006 10:27 PM
Gail, those pix are amazing!!! What a beautiful bird and how lucky you were to capture those shots. [Wink]

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by ButtonsMom on September 24, 2006 03:08 AM
gailo.........what great shots! I've seen eagles flying at a distance, but only in a zoo have I seen them close up. Enjoy the view.

-
Thyme began in a garden
by joclyn on September 24, 2006 03:36 AM
wonderful shots!!!

i love the american bald eagle and am lucky to have a small zoo right down the street from me - they have two there as permanent residents.

their enclosure is set up in a way that you can get very close to the birds and see them well. they're truly amazing and regal birds!
by Wrennie on September 24, 2006 07:35 PM
Great shots!

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by Jiffymouse on September 24, 2006 09:54 PM
[thumb] beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Refrigerator soup| Next thread: Regarding the posting of photos... »
Back to Thread index