The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hummer Feeder Placement

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Hummer!!!| Next thread: HUMMER MOVIE »
Back to Thread index
by LandOfOz on August 16, 2006 03:16 PM
I am here to consult the experts. Where is the best place to put a hummingbird feeder? We don't have any low hanging trees and were thinking about putting it under the eaves on the house near a flower bed. What do you think??

Thanks,
Sarah

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by Thornius on August 16, 2006 03:46 PM
That would work perfect, Sarah. You might want to place it under the eaves by a window or sliding glass door so you could watch and photograph the Hummers from INSIDE your house.

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by gardenfairy on August 16, 2006 04:17 PM
I have mine hanging from our screen porch. I put hanging basket hooks up and hung the feeders from them. I love to set on my porch and watch them, they are too funny!!

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by melcon6 on August 16, 2006 11:48 PM
Yup, placement can be for your own viewing pleasure, they're bold and will come anywhere the nectars good!!! One of mine is right outside my bedroom window, hanging on a shepard's hook right in the middle of a patch of beebalm, another one is outside the computer room! [grin] [thumb]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by Wrennie on August 17, 2006 12:56 AM
Sounds perfect Sarah.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by LandOfOz on August 17, 2006 02:22 AM
The spot I've got picked out is right out my living room window. Since we've been painting the house, the storm windows are off and I'm sure we'll be able to get some good pics. Provided that the hummingbirds show up. Thanks for the help!

Sarah

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Hummer!!!| Next thread: HUMMER MOVIE »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: