The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Cranberry Hootycreeks - A Christmas Cookie Delight!

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Cracking cherry tomatoes| Next thread: Cranberry Salsa »
Back to Thread index
by Merme on November 20, 2005 10:59 PM
In spite of the unusual name, these traditional Christmas Cookies are delicious!

Cranberry Hootycreeks

Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a cookie sheet.

In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy.

Add dry ingredients and mix until well blended.

Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Cool on baking sheets, or remove to cool on wire racks.

Makes 18 cookies (18 servings).

Dry Ingredients:

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by hisgal2 on November 21, 2005 05:20 AM
I made a bunch of these last year and they were a huge hit!! I had forgotten about them!

-
 -

-
by 4Ruddy on November 21, 2005 05:59 AM
I made them last year also Jenn...I got the same response! I am thinking I might make some to take to Tulsa with me...at least that would give ua something home made to snack on!

~V~

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by hisgal2 on November 21, 2005 11:08 PM
I was thinking of making some tomorrow since I have fewer hours at work because of a dr. appt. I'm actually going to ask if I can just take the whole day off. I'm only scheduled for like 2 hours! Why even bother!?

OMG...I love these things!!! I'd better keep them in the trunk of the car or they'll be gone by the time we get to Altoona!!! [Big Grin]

-
 -

-
by hisgal2 on December 11, 2005 04:51 AM
Just an FYI...I made this recipe today. Its much easier if you cream the butter and 2 sugars together then put the egg in (lightly beaten) and then add the dry ingredients. I scooped the dough onto the try using a table spoon. The cookies came out in a fine size and I got just over 2 dozen cookies out of it. Gonna be hard not to eat these before I want them!!!

-
 -

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Cracking cherry tomatoes| Next thread: Cranberry Salsa »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: