The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

MEET NICK

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Media| Next thread: Mellow Yellow »
Back to Thread index
by Thornius on July 05, 2006 08:23 AM
This is one of the newest patrons at my bird feeders. She is a Female Eastern Gray Squirrel that I call, "Nick", due to the crooked tail that is missing some fur. she comes to my platform feeder for seeds and water daily. I believe she has a nest or nests nearby.

BLESS THIS FOOD I AM ABOUT TO RECEIVE......
 -

HI! I'M NICK! [wavey]
 -

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by afgreyparrot on July 05, 2006 08:27 AM
Oh, how sweet! [grin]
I wish I had a squirrel in my yard.
Nothing like that ever comes in my yard because of the dogs.
I was talking to Jiffy on the phone the other day and saw a rabbit ALMOST come into the yard, but it saw the dogs and changed it's mind.

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Triss on July 05, 2006 08:30 AM
Great pics Thorny!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by Jiffymouse on July 05, 2006 12:37 PM
[thumb]
by tkhooper on July 07, 2006 12:55 AM
I love the little prayer picture you got. That is so cute. We have two squirrels and they have been very bad recently. They have been eating my neighbors bulbs. They spend most of their time over there. Fortunately they haven't found my bulbs yet. And I hope they don't.

-
 -
by loz on July 07, 2006 12:58 AM
I love those pictures Thorny! [thumb]

I have a squirrel that I see running along my chain link fence everyday! One day I was standing there talking to my neighbor and he went running right between us, I think we both jumped 5 feet. [Big Grin]
by slredmond on July 08, 2006 01:54 AM
OK - Thornius, you'll need to see my post at (hope I did this right)!
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/588.html#000000

Sandy R.
by Thornius on July 08, 2006 07:28 AM
LOVE THE MUG, SANDY! I copied the picture. I believe the critter on your mug is an Eastern Fox Jay Grosbeak.

-
 -
by Wrennie on July 08, 2006 07:35 AM
Hey! I sell those eastern fox jay grosbeak mugs here at my store. T-shirts too. There are a bunch of funnt squirrel mugs tees aprons hats and notecards.In fact I have the squirrel calendar on my wall. He's dressed as the statue of liberty this month!
mugs;
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/thewrensnest/For%20Sale/Untitled-3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/thewrensnest/For%20Sale/muz.jpg

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by Squirrel on July 08, 2006 09:21 AM
Wrennie, those mugs are adorable. Of course, I like anything with squirrels on them. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by Squirrel on July 08, 2006 09:24 AM
Thorny, cute pix of Nick. Aren't they the funest critters to watch. I sometimes think they are double jointed. The positions they get in to get to a bird feeder is something else! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by angelblossom on July 08, 2006 12:48 PM
When I lived in KS we had a lot of squirrels both brown and grey,, here in Tx I rarely see a squirrel but when I do I find myself watching it untill it gets out of sight ,, sometime I make a light sucking sound with my tongue and they will situp and look right at me and then go on aout its business they are very comical to watch sometimes!

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by Thornius on July 08, 2006 02:58 PM
We call that sucking sound, "Squalling". The short chucking sounds we call barking.

Eastern Texas has a LOT of red Fox Sqirrels. I used to live there in the Army and my daughter lives there now.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Media| Next thread: Mellow Yellow »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: