The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

lil reddish-orange 'n' whitish-gray bugs N soil...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: ligting...give it to me straight!| Next thread: lilac »
Back to Thread index
by ChillnPepper on April 24, 2006 08:47 AM
in the veggie garden. They are smaller than a pin head n just bigger than a pin point! I can't tell how many legs they have cuz I can't find my mag-glass!!! They do scurry around a lot tho AND I actually had a red/orange one on my hand n it took two hard pokes with the finger to kill it.

Any ideas as to who they may be? Friend or foe?

[scaredy]

-
"Live simply; expect little, give much...scatter sunshine."
M. J. McLeod
~Zone 8a~
by weezie13 on June 01, 2006 02:40 AM
Terri,
Sounds a bit like maybe aphids???? [dunno]

Or there's those little itty~bitty spiders *at least they're here*

What plants were they on???

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by ChillnPepper on June 02, 2006 03:38 AM
Ya know...after re-reading my post...the part that I left out was that they were in they 'hay bale' section of the veggie garden...which no longer exists [tears]

I think I may have gotten a hold of some hay with Peckeran (phonics!sp?!) because everything that was in the bales started 'curling' and turning yellow. Tomatoes, squash, peppers.

Finally, I 86'd the entire project. [Mad]

Am attempting to save squash from project. Pulled peppers out real early on and they seem to be doing well.Am just watching them all to see what finally happens with them.

I followed fertilizing directions that I found on U of Georgia website, [Confused] so all I can figure is that the mix was just too rich or the bales had that Peckeran stuff in them. [dunno]

-
M. J. McLeod
~Zone 8a~
by ChillnPepper on June 02, 2006 03:46 AM
[nutz] or maybe it WAS the bugs!!!

-
M. J. McLeod
~Zone 8a~
by joclyn on June 02, 2006 06:46 AM
tiny, tiny, round, red/orange bugs that move REALLY fast?? about the size of a pin head? gotta squish pretty hard to smoosh them? and they leave a trail of blood?

have them around here too. all over, in fact - in the gardens, on the walls of the house...even found some inside the other day (which is unusual - they're not usually inside), on the sidewalks...

dunno what they are tho. they seem to be harmless.
by ChillnPepper on June 04, 2006 10:28 AM
[grin] I'm glad someone else has seen them too! Thought I was gettin' a wee bit closer to the edge! Can't risk [nutz] for a few more years! LOL!

I have not seen them in my garden soil tho....just in those dad-burned hay bales!

-
M. J. McLeod
~Zone 8a~

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: ligting...give it to me straight!| Next thread: lilac »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: