The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Feeling cheated!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Feeding The Fish| Next thread: Fern »
Back to Thread index
by beezus on June 16, 2004 02:16 PM
I bought some beautiful flowers yesterday called "Rudbeckia Irish Eyes." The tag says they're a perennial, but now that I'm researching them I see they're known as a weak perennial normally treated like an annual. Apparently they might survive a couple winters or they might not.

What do you all think I should do? Does anyone have experience with this type of flower? They're beautiful, but I'm trying to decide whether to return them or plant them.

My big question... how hard will it be to keep them going? Can I plant the spent flower center or harvest seeds and plant them somehow? Does anyone know how to do it or know how successful I'm likely to be? I'm willing to do a little intervention if they will keep coming up-- otherwise, back to the store!

Thanks!
by sachis2112 on June 18, 2004 02:29 AM
Well, going by your post, you're in an area that gets snow in the winter... You can over-winter your plants somewhere where it won't be touched by the frost. (Dig up and put in a pot.)

I've never done it before so hopefully someone else will come along and explain how it's done.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Feeding The Fish| Next thread: Fern »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: