The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Prothonotary Warblers

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: protection from birds| Next thread: Prune a Crepemyrtle »
Back to Thread index
by Thornius on May 24, 2006 07:42 AM
Yesterday, I went to Long Hunter State Park, Near Mt. Juliet, Tennessee. To see if I could find some Different birds to photograph, rather than all the usual suspects. I was especially interested in pictures of Prothonotary Warblers which are rather common at this Park. I hadn't even reached the edge of the park when i heard the beautiful, "Sweet, Sweet, Sweet!" of a Prothonotary Warbler on a branch three feet above my head! Looking up, there was one of the most beautiful Prothonotarys I've ever seen. As soon as it spied my camera it went into its supermodel act, flitting around and hopping out into the open showing me all its angles. "That's it! Work it! Work it!" I kept saying as it flitted closer and closer to me. What an amazing photo opportunity. Here are the two BEST pictures I got yesterday.

PROTHONOTARY WARBLER
 -

A DIIFERENT SIDE OF A PROTHONOTARY (The underside)
 -

And for those of you who don't care about birds, something different.

NICE CATCH!
 -

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by Stuspot on May 24, 2006 08:45 AM
Sweet!! That is a beautiful bird and a very nice fish. Did you eat it?
by Wrennie on May 25, 2006 01:07 AM
Is that you fishing Thorny?

OK, I'm officially jealous. We don't get prothonotary warblers up here.

Nice shots.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by Thornius on May 25, 2006 06:59 AM
No, Wrennie, that's not me. It was just some guy I watched catch that fish and I asked if I could get a picture and he said Sure! Here is a picture of me: (not shown; my LONNNNG ponytail and VERY bald top of the head.)

THORNIUS (in birdwatching hat)
 -

And I LOVE to fish but wasn't fishing that day. I'm a catch and release Fisherman.

-
 -
by Jiffymouse on May 25, 2006 03:12 PM
what a cool pic thorny, but you look mad... must have been the sun. you don't strike me as a grumpy person!
by Thornius on May 25, 2006 05:36 PM
I ALWAYS look angry, Jiffy. Genetics ....inherited facial lines. Inside I look like The Joker from Batman, I try to find every grain of humor I can in every situation I can encounter.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: protection from birds| Next thread: Prune a Crepemyrtle »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: