The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

First Bluebird nesting this season

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Firestick needs help| Next thread: First Cactus bloom of 06 »
Back to Thread index
by johnCT on May 20, 2006 01:58 AM
By far my favorite birds. My pair, Fred and Ethel, just hatched their four eggs yesterday. [clappy] Looking forward to their fledging around June 4th. [muggs] They look healthy and can count on me to continue providing mealies every day. [thumb]

John - Zone 6
by Wrennie on May 20, 2006 05:30 AM
I had a man in yesterday to get mealies for his wife to give their bluebirds who also have recently had their clutch hatch. Do Fred & Ethel often have more than 1 brood?

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by Thornius on May 20, 2006 05:58 AM
It is not unusual for Bluebirds to have several broods each Spring/Summer season. All the young from each brood stay with their parents until the next Spring at which time they leave to find mates of their own and raise their own families. Each brood helps their parents to feed the next broods that are born during the season. Bluebirds learn to be parents from infancy.

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by johnCT on May 20, 2006 07:14 AM
Not unusual at all. Wrennie, last year they had two broods of five fledglings each. It was my first year with them.

John - Zone 6
by tkhooper on May 22, 2006 11:43 AM
I saw my first bluebird today. I don't know where he came from but it wanted to check out the balsam for some reason.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Firestick needs help| Next thread: First Cactus bloom of 06 »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: