The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I'm killing my husbands fucia's

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by keely on June 15, 2004 10:28 PM
My husband loves fucia's....so we bought 5 in hanging baskets for our front porch. They were doing well, but 3 of them are dying. They are turning brown and crispy....I've kept them watered, but could it be the sun burning them up? They get about 5 hours of morning sun, under the porch of course, but what else can I do? He really wants me to save these plants.
by gardenmom32210 on June 16, 2004 12:20 AM
How often are you watering them? Fuschias like to stay moist(at least down here they do),they cant be allowed to dry out at all. I'm in NE Fla. and have had to move them more into the shade simply because of the hot,humid conditions. They seem to start drying up the minute the soil dries even a little. Hope this helps.

Karen [grin]
by sachis2112 on June 18, 2004 02:39 AM
It's my understanding that the majority of fuschias cannot take full sun. Maybe that's the trouble.

-
by jogger on July 09, 2004 10:54 PM
Move them to a shadier place, they can take the sun, but not too much, l think five hours is way too much sun for them, water them morning and night. Never water them when the sun is on them.
good luck.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: