The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Propagateing Wisteria?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: pronuniciation guide?| Next thread: Propagating a polka dot plant »
Back to Thread index
by ShazzieMc on May 01, 2006 02:09 PM
Does anyone know how to root cuttings of Wisteria? There is Wisteria growing all over,in the woods by my house and I want to root some cuttings.....so I don't have to buy it...I'm just not sure how to go about it.... [nutz]

" Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediorce minds"
~ Albert Einstein ~
by SpringFever on May 01, 2006 02:21 PM
If you nick the vine with a knife and put it in the dirt it should root within time .. leave it attached to the mother vine and when it roots cut it from the mom ... I have on just make sure you get a big older one and use a very strong support!!.. it will take a while for it to bloom 3-5 years usually .. Mine has some buds for the first time this year.. good luck [thumb]

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by Wrennie on May 02, 2006 12:50 AM
I had a wisteria that dropped seeds or sent up shoots around it's base all the time. Look down next to it's "feet" an see if there's any babies you can dig out.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by SpringFever on May 02, 2006 01:13 AM
Wrennie I never thought of that.. mine has never flowered before and for some reason I don't ger the chutes [thumb]

-
 -
by ShazzieMc on May 02, 2006 05:40 AM
Thank you..I thought of looking for suckers, but I wasn't sure..I'm going out in the woods today. [Wink] I just love the idea of not spending an arm and a leg on something that grows wild.. [thumb]
Spring...I love your quote...I feel the same way!
My Fiancee' is always telling me.."Ya know, that flower you just dug up is a weed? Right?"I dont care if they are sometimes weeds...Some of them are beautiful..
Cross your fingers...It may take 2-3 years but its worht the wait... [flower]

" Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediorce minds"
~ Albert Einstein ~
by SpringFever on May 02, 2006 07:29 AM
As told by weezie most flowers are weeds..
my wisteria is about to bloom here how could you call a 8-18 inch bloom (depending on the veriety) a weed??? LOL
It has taken mine 3 years off a 2 year starter vine .. so total 5 years to bloom... I hope yours is faster ... good luck Shazzie [thumb]

-
 -
by Wrennie on May 04, 2006 01:42 AM
Ask your fiancee' to define weed.
[Roll Eyes]

**ok now read my quote**
[Big Grin]

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by SpringFever on May 04, 2006 02:57 AM
LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Ok I missed that wrennie .. .

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: pronuniciation guide?| Next thread: Propagating a polka dot plant »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: