The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Ugly bugs!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Bill on April 08, 2006 08:19 PM
In the past two days a herd of these ugly bugs have nearly destroyed many of the newly opened flowers on my Trillium. [Mad]

The bugs are about 1/8"-3/16" in length. Can anyone (Buglady) identify the bug and suggest a reasonable treatment option, please?

-

-
by melcon6 on April 08, 2006 08:57 PM
I had the most beautiful chocolate/maroonish colored trillium given to me by a coworker several years ago and they got almost completely eaten up by something!!! [Mad] I never did see what was eating it, I'm going out there to check on them today, thanks for reminding me! [kissies] Last year I only got one bloom from them and almost no foliage.

Is it some kind of stink bug???? [dunno]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by Michael15r on April 11, 2006 10:32 AM
You know last year those bugs where all over my front porch during summer. I hated them then a couple of weeks later I stared seeing them come into the house!!! They look like bedbugs in a way, but there not though.

A Sunflower Garden #7
Check out my website.
by Buglady on April 12, 2006 10:19 AM
Hard to tell from the image, and not being able to see all the anatomy. Maybe a sap feeding beetle? Have any more images?

also a pyrethrin spray should work to kill them.

Also helps to have something in the image to give size perspective.

-
 -
The Buglady
Suzanne Wainwright-Evans, www.bugladyconsulting.com
Educating the world... one bug at a time

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: