The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

PLANT PRONUNCIATION GUIDES?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Plant Pronunciation Guide| Next thread: Plant sales? »
Back to Thread index
by HOLLYHOCKGIRL on August 29, 2006 04:38 AM
HELLO! [wavey]
I don't know where to post this thread...so hoping "Organically Speaking" is okay???
Was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas for sites that help you pronounce plant names correctly. I have had some experience with Latin, but not enough to be well versed. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! [grin]
by melcon6 on August 29, 2006 04:52 AM
Here's my favorite link, it plays the audio on QuickTime player. pronunciation key

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by loz on August 29, 2006 06:18 AM
We have a small one I've been working on here, I need to add more to it though....

plant pronunciation
by HOLLYHOCKGIRL on August 29, 2006 02:33 PM
Thanks so much for the Help Loz and Melcon6...I am not a "stickler" for botanical names...but I find it much easier to get the plant I want when ordering if I know the Proper Latin name....Thanks again for the quick response!!! This will help so much!!! [wavey] [flower] [wavey]
by patches1414 on September 01, 2006 10:15 PM
Thanks a bunch Loz & Mel! [kissies] These links are great! [clappy] Geesh, I didn't even know there were such things available. [dunno] Boy, you can always learn something new every day at the Garden Helper! [Wink] [Wink]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by afgreyparrot on September 02, 2006 04:36 AM
Dang, Loz! [shocked]
I'll have to admit that's the first time I have looked at your plant pronunciation topic...because I don't know the many of the common names of plants, so I didn't want to boggle my simple mind with the proper names (the long names).
...and the links to the info here on each one is great!

You rocked with that, Loz! [thumb]

BTW...I have been pronouncing Iris correctly all these years, [grin] but there is another common one in your guide that I will admit to mis-pronouncing forever...not saying which one. [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by loz on September 02, 2006 12:57 PM
[Big Grin] There is a lot in there that I used to mis-pronounce.....

I need to do another big add to it soon.... [muggs] [thumb] If you google plant pronunciation guide it's 6th on the list! [shocked] [grin]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Plant Pronunciation Guide| Next thread: Plant sales? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: