The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I got a calla lilly!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by Nako on May 15, 2004 12:08 AM
Hi again ^.^
I was at work, and was looking in a new area that i hadn't worked in in one of the green houses, and i saw it. There were a bunch of them, so i got the smallest one i could find (i do that so i can say "i grew that!" when it gets all big), and bought it ^.^ It just looked so interesting and fun!

It says to put it in sunlight to partial shade, and keep moist. Any other stuff you guys can tell me about it? it doesn't have a flower yet, and its about 8" tall.

Thanks!

~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by sibyl on May 15, 2004 10:51 AM
if you go to [gardening] & click on common names, it has calla lilies there! #33. tells ya alot, sorry i dont know how to put the site in this message [Embarrassed] , im not to good with computers. good luck sibyl

-
 -
by Nako on May 15, 2004 06:46 PM
oh cool ^.^ i missed that! Thank you so much! *hugz*

~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by Bess of the Piedmont on May 16, 2004 07:22 PM
Cool blooms, Phoebe! my husband got a yellow potted Calla lily from his co-workers when he was transferred to a new office. I planted it in a part of the yard that gets sun in the morning and for most of the day. It took a couple of years for it to adjust to it's surroundings, but now it blossoms faithfully for us every year. It does dissappear completely in the winter, so be sure to note it on your garden map or put a reminder stake near it, so you don't dig it up by accident.

-
 -
by Nako on May 17, 2004 01:10 AM
Well, being in NH makes outdoor gardens a little difficult >.< So i do all my gardening indoors. Right now i have my lily in a big black plastic pot *so it stays humid, and retains moisture*, and it has drain holes, so what i did is i bought a big saucer for the bottom and filled that with water. I water it every morning, and then i fill the saucer back up. That way it stays wet [thumb]

Outside our door, there's been some interesting blue flowers that pop up every year, along with tulips, and that annoying bamboo that strangles the tulips >.< I would like to see my lily bloom though *shrugs* So its going to have to adjust to its surroundings before it blooms? And its going to disappear? o.O Annnnnnnnnnd that'll take a year? Coolies though ^.^ i have another plant that goes dorment! *the other being my flytrap*
Thanks for the info Bess of the Piedmont!

~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: