The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

permaculture

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: periwinkles| Next thread: Persian Shield »
Back to Thread index
by thistledown on April 27, 2006 02:36 PM
I bought "Permaculture: A Designer's Manual" by Bill Mollison YEARS ago. The subject has always fascinated me, however the book is very much geared toward accomplished plant people (which I am not!). I was wondering if anyone here is interested in permaculture or knows about any good forums where I could ask questions!

Thanks!
[Smile]
AT

Work like you don't need the money.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Love like you've never been hurt.
 -
by Longy on April 29, 2006 12:32 AM
There is plenty of info available on the web re permaculture. (a word derived from permanent agriculture). Another author worth reading is Rosemary Morrow. The book by Mollison is quite detailed but the concept is really quite simple. He was the person who first engaged the concept. It's just adapting the concept to your own situation which requires the hard work and planning. I don't know of any forums as such but if you surf the web and google you'll find what you need to know including courses you can do and correspondence learning. Good luck. It's a fascinating concept and i understand your interest.

-
The secret is the soil.
by thistledown on April 29, 2006 06:18 PM
Thanks Longy!

I'm not terribly good at picking keywords, so my internet searches are often frustrating. Good to know I'm not the only one who can't find a forum!
Whew!
I appreciate the encouragement!! Haven't found any sights "for Dummies" yet, but I'll keep trying!

[Smile]
AT

Work like you don't need the money.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Love like you've never been hurt.
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: periwinkles| Next thread: Persian Shield »
Back to Thread index