The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Great flowers, shabby foliage

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: great finds, but what are they?| Next thread: great garden helper! »
Back to Thread index
by rozy221 on May 14, 2005 02:59 AM
I dug out 2 circles last year, in between the sidewalk and the road. I've tried different annuals in there, and have had little luck. Last month, I planted some pansies. They are in full flower, and the flowers look great, but the foliage isn't faring as well. It's alive, but that's about it. I don't think they've grown at all. I planted some pansies in a pot nearby, and they're doing well. Do you think it's bad soil, being near the street? Or did the cold do in this batch of flowers? Or maybe it's that mysterious brown thumb that comes around now and then? Thanks for any suggestions!
by tkhooper on May 14, 2005 04:48 AM
I know that when I worked for a construction firm and we had to plant a median strip it was always a pain. If there is heavy traffic it is almost impossible to keep those plants healthy. The nice ones are frequently replanted.

There are however certain plants that do better than others in that environment. But it was to long ago for me to remember what the choices were.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: great finds, but what are they?| Next thread: great garden helper! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: