The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Rosemary question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Rosemary A Plenty!| Next thread: Rosemary question...... »
Back to Thread index
by Triss on May 30, 2006 04:25 PM
I have 3 pots of rosemary growing, 1 inside in a South facing window that gets watered once a week, sometimes every couple of weeks if I forget. The other two are outside, on the porch that also get full Southern sun, but a LOT more water.

The one inside is growing great, outside, not so good.

So my question is, does Rosemary like it dry and with the consistent warmth it gets inside? I always thought it was supposed to be a good outside plant.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by tkhooper on May 30, 2006 10:57 PM
It is a good outside plant but it doesn't like much water.

-
 -
by Triss on May 31, 2006 05:14 AM
Thanks Tammy, guess I need to find a drier spot for them outside then.

-
 -
by jlapey on June 05, 2006 10:46 AM
I too am trying to grow Rosemary, but it's not doing well inside or outside. My other herbs (started from seed at the sametime) are five times bigger.
by tkhooper on June 09, 2006 04:32 AM
Rosemary is tempermental. I finally found a brand that is growing for me outside. It has a much longer needle. I don't know how to identify the exact type it is but if I figure it out I'll let you know I promise. I'm so glad to finally have one that doesn't die within 2 weeks of getting it home.

-
 -
by Triss on June 10, 2006 06:51 AM
My indoor one is doing awesome and my outdoor ones look like they are about to bloom. Pretty interesting how the different environment is causing them all to do different things. Especially since they were all started at the exact same time and are the exact same type.

-
 -
by Deborah L. on June 10, 2006 10:10 AM
Ever notice that indoor herbs are soft and tender, and outdoors in the sun are tougher and stronger with more fragrance?

-
 -
by Triss on June 10, 2006 03:14 PM
My indoor ones sure appear to be softer, as well as growing much better.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Rosemary A Plenty!| Next thread: Rosemary question...... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: