The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Sage

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: SAFER SPRAY AND PETS?| Next thread: Sage »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on April 27, 2006 09:08 AM
Woohoo my common sage is starting to sprout. And it's a really good thing to because I'm almost out of both my sage and my italian seasoning. So color me a happy camper. Hopefully I won't loose it all at the transplant stage and I'll have plenty that I can dry. I planted about 24 seeds so I'm hoping for a large crop.

-
 -
by ChristinaC on April 27, 2006 01:34 PM
[thumb] Great news Tammy! Good luck!!

-
 -
by comfrey on April 27, 2006 01:37 PM
Tammy are you planning to set it outdoors??? If so you will have more sage then you know what to do with it [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] One sage plant can grow into a good sized bush in one season and since it is a perennial...It will stay green year around in your area, as it does in my area...Nothing beats harvesting fresh sage for your turkey stuffing at Thanksgiving. Sage is a very hardy plant, and you should not have any problems transplanting it...But since you said: "I planted about 24 seeds" if all of them sprout, we'll have to call you the Sage Queen. [flower] [flower] [flower] [flower]

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 27, 2006 03:57 PM
lol I have several ladies at the church who would be happy to have a plant so that's no problem. And I use a fair amount and can dry the rest for our church so an excess would be good. My neighbor would probably take one also. But thanks for the heads up. It's nice to know in advance what I'm going to have if I get lucky.

-
 -
by ladystressout on May 16, 2006 08:38 AM
hey anyone got any pineapple sage that they would share with me?Rita
by tkhooper on May 19, 2006 12:44 AM
Sorry my seed trade just said common sage. But I'll keep my eye out for the pineapple sage. Does it really taste like pineapple? And what do you use it for. You know me I'm always looking for a good recipe.

-
 -
by dodge on June 02, 2006 01:16 PM
tkhooper,

I have russian sage growing, what is it good for?
Tiny start last year......
And soapwort is it a herb?

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by tkhooper on June 12, 2006 12:33 AM
I hope you got an answer in the other post. I just got back to this one. And I don't know the answer to either question.

-
 -
by dodge on June 12, 2006 03:07 AM
tk

thanks for trying.

I get into everything.. [Mad]

my hobbie .......variety

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''

Active Garden Forum