The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Just Saying Hi :)

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Marina on September 25, 2006 05:35 AM
Hi there.

I wanted to pop in and say hello. I have been MIA for about 2 months dealing with our condo flooding incident and then illness with my SO.

So hi [Smile] You guys have been a great help.

Side question, When is the right time to plant garlic? Can I use store bought? As many of my crops have gone to waste (except for the spagetti squash that is going wild and some tomatoes that are still going strong, along with peppers of all varieties) I want to do some planting tending and heard garlic was planted in fall...

Thanks and hello to all [Wink]
by Deborah L. on September 25, 2006 10:44 AM
Welcome back !
My latest radishes were...you guessed it.... just red strings again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Mad] [Embarrassed]

-
 -
by tkhooper on September 25, 2006 09:50 PM
yes you can definitely plant garlic any time this fall for harvesting next summer. The problem with the store bought garlic is that some of it has been treated so that it won't sprout. My guide to plants per person suggests about 40 cloves of garlic per person. But I never use that many so I only do about 20 and I start with seeds. I'm kind of crazy that way.

-
 -
by elkwc36 on September 29, 2006 10:29 AM
I planted garlic from cloves from the grocery store and also from mail order catalog this year. Both did very well. So my experience with store bought was good. JD

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: