The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Today's Harvest

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by ChristinaC on September 08, 2006 10:34 PM
I was beginning to get impatient with my tomatoes..seemed as though they took a LONG time to ripen this year but ever since I got home from vacation, I can't keep up with them! From Tuesday 'til today..I've picked this same amount every morning! [clappy] In the pic, you'll see my chilis, jalapenos, hot banana peppers and brussel sprouts...just picked! [Smile]

-

-
 -
by Rosepetal on September 08, 2006 10:41 PM
Way to go Christina, I know how you feel. It's wonderful to finally see the results of your hard work.

Thanks for sharing with us.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by ChristinaC on September 08, 2006 11:52 PM
Thank-you Rosepetal!

Yesterday I made salsa. I wasn't going to this year because I have never been happy with any recipe I've tried but this time I decided not to even look at a recipe and just make it the way I wanted it. It turned out wonderful!! We ate an entire jar yesterday....YUM!

-

-
 -
by Rosepetal on September 10, 2006 12:22 AM
Making my mouth water, salsa is so good.

Glad it turned out for you, sometimes we have to add and redo recipes.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by johnCT on September 10, 2006 03:03 AM
Wow. Awesome harvest Christina. I guess your plants didn't turn out bad after all?! I gotta get your recipe for salsa. we're gonna need to do something with all the tomatoes I'm getting.

John - Zone 6
by comfrey on September 10, 2006 03:18 AM
Nice harvest Christina....and the salsa looks yummy!!!!

-
 -
by weezie13 on September 10, 2006 05:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by ChristinaC:
Yesterday I made salsa. I wasn't going to this year because I have never been happy with any recipe I've tried but this time I decided not to even look at a recipe and just make it the way I wanted it. It turned out wonderful!! We ate an entire jar yesterday....YUM!

And you know what's reallllllly frustrating is, you make a really good batch, and want to do that again, next year.... and it just doesn't turn out the same way and it gets maddening...

I made mine up, and tasted as I went, and wrote it down... now it does come out, basically the same everytime...

You're looks good Christina..

And that HARVEST looks GREAT!!!!!! [thumb] [clappy]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Bestofour on September 10, 2006 08:57 AM
Christina, that looks so good. When we're ready to eat ours I cut up an avacado and put in it. Do you? We don't like ours too spicy.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by netty on September 10, 2006 07:31 PM
Christina-my tomatoes took forever this year too! They finally started ripening last week and I've been picking lots every day since. Not sure now-we had our first frost last night [Frown]

-
 -
by ChristinaC on September 10, 2006 08:57 PM
Sheri, I've never added the avacado to my salsa but do always serve it along side when we're eating mexican. I love my salsa hot and spicy! In fact, many people refuse to even try it knowing that I may have gone a little overboard with the jalapenos and chilis. I just can't help myself. [thumb]

Netty..what a bummer! It got really cold here last night but no frost. I'm worried about the rest of tomato plants because they're still loaded with green ones. I sure hope yours will be okay. Let me know.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: