The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I think I may have killed my plants :-(

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by sailchick9 on October 29, 2005 01:57 AM
So I have a small collection of houseplants that I water according to a schedule, but this morning when I watered my plants I noticed that they smelled funny, until I realized that my roommate had put rum in my plant watering bottle not realizing that there is a reason I took the label off of it. I have a jade plant, swedish ivy, and one little mystery plant that I gave the tiny bit of rum to, but I'm afraid that it's enough to kill them.
Any advice???
My other roommate is certain that they're all going to dehydrate and wither away, but I really hope they don't so please any advice would be helpful. If it matters, I'm pretty sure it was bacardi razz.
-concerned college student
by Will Creed on October 29, 2005 04:28 AM
LOL! What a waste of good booze!

If it was a small amount, then there is probably no harm. To be on the safe side, flush lots of fresh water through each of the drunken plants. This should prevent plant hangovers!
by tkhooper on October 29, 2005 06:28 AM
lol, that's a new one. I second Will Creed he's a genius.

-
 -
by Will Creed on October 29, 2005 06:55 AM
Careful, Tammy. Comments like that can get you in trouble around here! But thanks for the compliment. [kissies]

Will
by The Plant Doc on October 31, 2005 07:35 PM
You are lucky you don't live in Wisconsin, out here you could be arrested for allowing under age drinking or corrupting the morals of a ficus!

I agree with Will, I really don't think there is any need for concern. The alcohol should evaporate pretty quickly leaving just some water and sugars behind neither of which should harm the plant.

-
Mike Maier
aka
The Plant Doc
by FlowerNewbie on February 17, 2006 01:48 AM
Yea, I have a friend who frequently waters her plants with the last of her beer bottle... lol... they love it! [muggs]

-
 -
Kitten in Life  - , Tiger in Love  -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: