The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Yellow Beans and Cucumbers

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: yellow beans.| Next thread: Yellow Blobs »
Back to Thread index
by bechap55 on August 15, 2006 05:17 AM
My garden has been in since the first week of June. All was well until 2 weeks ago when I began to notice yellowing leaves on both my cucumbers, and my pole beans. One pole bean plant looks nearly dead and the leaves are falling off. The Tomatoes are slightly yellow and the canaloupe mellon vines are fine. I have used the time release miracle grow on all of them weeks ago (designed for up to 3 months)but the deterioration continues. Can anyone help? Thanks, EPC

EPC
by johnCT on August 15, 2006 07:02 AM
Welcome. What exactly do you mean by "time-release MG"? Most often yellowing color results from either nitrogen deficiency or chlorosis. Poor drainage is a common cause of chlorosis among others. I would try fertilizing the plants and see if that helps first.

John - Zone 6
by bechap55 on August 16, 2006 06:12 AM
Miracle Grow Makes a product called "Shake 'n Feed" Continuous release all purpose plant food.
It's good for both flowers and vegetables.
It contains 10% nitrogen, 10% phosphate, 10% potash,and 20& sulpher. Instructions say apply every 3 months. It's only been there for about 6 weeks. All plants are elevated with good drainage. Do you still recommentd additional fertilizer such as the soluble miracle grow?
Ed

EPC

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: yellow beans.| Next thread: Yellow Blobs »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: