The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Peppers turning black...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: peppers turning black| Next thread: Peppers with baby peppers! »
Back to Thread index
by always2shy on August 06, 2006 04:48 PM
I am growing banana peppers and as soon as a pepper starts to develope, it gets black streaks on it and then continues to spread all over the pepper.

I have also noticed the upper stems on the pepper plants are black too. The plants are large and healthy. What is wrong?
by ChristinaC on August 07, 2006 12:17 AM
My banana peppers did the same thing last year. I think it was from sunscald. [dunno] They were healthy plants, just as you say..and the peppers were fine to eat. This happened to only the first few on each plant..after that, they all ripened normally. I wouldn't worry about it one bit. I've heard others say that sometimes their jalapenos do this too.

Christina

-
 -
by 'Sparagus on August 07, 2006 12:52 AM
My jalapenos had black spots like that, but now that I think of it, I picked some yesterday and didnt see it anymore......perhaps it can go away??
by ChristinaC on August 07, 2006 01:07 AM
quote:
perhaps it can go away??
yes..mine faded as they ripened as well. [thumb]

-
 -
by always2shy on August 07, 2006 06:05 AM
Thanks Christina. I thought I had done something wrong(again). lol

This is my first garden in many, many years and I sure had made alot of mistakes but I'm already planning for next year.
by DeepCreekLake on August 07, 2006 07:44 AM
Steaking in Jalapenos is normal in juveniles- usally its purplish black. Most of mine have done this- but it does away as the pepper matures.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: peppers turning black| Next thread: Peppers with baby peppers! »
Back to Thread index