The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Winter Planting?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Winter King| Next thread: Winter Sowing »
Back to Thread index
by Deborah L. on August 03, 2006 11:56 AM
Just curious, what is everyone planning to grow for winter crops this year?
Also, does anyone keep veggies under the snow and eat them later?
Does anyone do greenhouse veggies all winter?
Hope I don't sound a bit dense, but I'm 3rd generation Californian and I really don't know.

-
 -
by 'Sparagus on August 03, 2006 12:39 PM
Hi! I just sprouted some new broccoli plants, more for fall than winter I guess. I also planted new carrots, which I plan to attempt to leave in the ground for winter use, I just [Love] LOVE [Love] the idea of doing that!!! Same with turnips, they are due to be planted a little later on in the month.

After having amazing success growing seedlings under flourescents in my basement, I might try doing lettuce like that this winter. And the greenhouse idea is interesting to me too. I have a sunny south facing side of my house that would probably be perfect for a cold frame of some sort!

--Karen [flower]

DREAMING OF WINTER!!!!!!!!!
by badplanter on August 03, 2006 04:39 PM
i plan to try a little lettuce...this will be my first year so we shall see what comes out of it! Good luck winter-planting!!!! [Wink] [Wink]

-
 -
 -  - "I don't want no more of army life, gee mom, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee mom, I wanna go home!" My PB!
by Deborah L. on August 03, 2006 04:46 PM
I'm going to make a planting box and plant mesclun, mini carrots, peas - and have yet another crossed-fingers attempt at radishes....... [Roll Eyes]

-
 -
by badplanter on August 03, 2006 05:00 PM
i've actually had a little luck with radishes this year, not perfect size/shape but still there, and not that many, either!!

-
 -
 -  - "I don't want no more of army life, gee mom, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee mom, I wanna go home!" My PB!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Winter King| Next thread: Winter Sowing »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: