The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

starting pumpkins now!?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Starting plants in a greenhouse| Next thread: starting seeds »
Back to Thread index
by chatonnoir on July 29, 2006 02:59 PM
well going against conventional wisdom I planted some pumpkin plants 4 days ago. They already have 3 leaves--fast little buggers. I'm rather excited as my tomatoes have gone over the hedge. Anyway need some input on how to make them happy and prolific. someone let me know. PLEASE
[flower]
by Longy on July 29, 2006 10:21 PM
Once a week a good deep flood watering. Lotsa liquid fert like fish emulsion. Mulch. Plenty of heat. They are late but they'll go like blazes if conditions are right and you'll get a few good pumpkins.

-
The secret is the soil.
by Woodland Garden on July 30, 2006 06:04 AM
If you are in the eastern part of North Carolina, you will have no problem getting pumpkins with the late start. I have always found them to mature 20 days faster than the seed packets claim. Heck, I use to start mine on July 4th so I wouldn't end up with orange pumpkins in August.
by weezie13 on July 30, 2006 06:21 AM
I always end up late on mine, *I'm growing zone 5* up here, but still manage to get a couple of pumpkins..
Try it..
And let [gabby] us know how you did, good [angel] or bad [devil] , we [Cool] love [Love] updates [critic] ...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Starting plants in a greenhouse| Next thread: starting seeds »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: