The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Grapes...But what kind?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: grapes| Next thread: Grapes! - Not sure what to do - Outa control »
Back to Thread index
by Curious Nick on July 23, 2006 10:54 AM
Hey all,

I have a grape vine growing in my backyard, but I think it's still to young to fruit. Is there any way to tell what grape variety it is before it fruits?

Thanks.

Look For the Good
Search For The Truth
Hope for The Best
by Woodland Garden on July 24, 2006 03:37 PM
I can't tell you what variety it is, but I have wild grape vines growing in the backyard and woods and would love to know the variety too. Some of these grap vines are monsterous. There are vines out there up to eight inches in diameter.
by Curious Nick on July 26, 2006 01:51 AM
Woodland...I know exactly what you mean. The plot of grape vine I have is huge...I almost ran it over with the lawn mower the other day because I had only just noticed that it started creeping out into the grass...

Has your wild vine fruited?

Look For the Good
Search For The Truth
Hope for The Best
by Woodland Garden on July 26, 2006 05:11 PM
Yes they did fruit a while ago. I saw the youngling grape clusters all over the place. But in the last few weeks they have vanished as something is eating them.
by Curious Nick on July 27, 2006 01:04 AM
awww...the squirrels are takin them to make their own hooch..lol [muggs]

Look For the Good
Search For The Truth
Hope for The Best
by Curious Nick on July 27, 2006 01:05 AM
awww...the squirrels are takin them to make their own hooch..lol [muggs]

Look For the Good
Search For The Truth
Hope for The Best

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: grapes| Next thread: Grapes! - Not sure what to do - Outa control »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: