The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Please read about SASEs

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by kennyso on November 10, 2006 06:16 AM
Thought I'd start this topic: re: SASEs. For those of you who dod not kno wwhat a SASE is here is a definition given by another garden site: SASE stands for "self-addressed stamped envelope" and SASBE stands for "self-addressed stamped bubble envelope". Some traders will offer their seeds for SASE, instead of requesting seeds in exchange. When you're sending a SASE, please take into consideration these things,

-people may forget what to send you because they have offered SASEs to other people, so please include your screen name and what your SASE is for

-please send sufficent with your SASE, usually two stamps are enough, if your SASE is going to another country, please ask how much postage to include because postage rates vary from country to country

-it would be nice to include a piece of bubble wrap along with your SASE to help protect your seeds, unless the person says it's ok an dthey have bubble wrap for you

-it would also be thoughtful to PM the person when you get your SASE in the mail and when you get it back, the person who is sending you the seeds should also let the other person know when tey drop it back into the mail.

-like the acroymn suggests self addressed, please put your address on your envelope, or include a return address label

-please DO SENT AN ENVELOPE THAT IS PAID BY POSTAGE METER, in other words, get stamps, don't get an envelope and take it to the post office and pay for the red stamp mark, the other person cannot send your envelope back to you.

Other than that, have fun and enjoy your seeds and gardens. Just as an added side note, you could take pictures o fyour plant and show the person who gave you your seeds and impress them! Who know,s maybe they'll ask hoe you did it!

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by roflol on November 10, 2006 07:05 AM
Kenny, I'll stick my neck out 'cause now I'm nervous... you and I are doing a swap for some seeds and I wanted to foot the whole shipping bill (big spender, aren't I?) cause you had so much trouble with returned stuff in the seed fling.

I was pretty sure American stamps wouldn't cut it at the Canadian post office so I put a dollar bill in with my SASBE to cover postage back to me, but I didn't hear back from you before I sent it off - was this a dumb idea? I'm smack-dab in the middle of the US and not sure if there are many places where Canadian money would be accepted so now wonder if maybe the same is true with Ontario (I am so geographically challenged and have two kids clamoring for supper or I'd be looking it up to avoid looking like an idiot right now, but - no time! so the fool I'll be). [lala]

[edit: 2 hours later: Looked up where you are - wow! small world, we were in Toronto our last family trip to visit the priest who married us who's at a parish there now. I know in Toronto US money was good at Wal-Mart, so hopefully it is good at the post office?]

Other than that - good post, good reminder, good idea about sending a picture of the resulting plant - thank you! [Love]
by kennyso on November 10, 2006 09:33 AM
Sorry I didn't reply, I must've forgotten. no it wasn't a dumb idea, it's ok. just outta curosity, did you guys get married at st michael's cathedral? Happy or not to happy to hear I'm not the only one who's geographically challenged [Wink]

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by roflol on November 10, 2006 10:02 AM
Not at St. Michael's - St. Bernadette's here in Kansas City where I grew up (and feel stuck).

Fr. Phil Smith is pastor of St. Roch's now in Toronto, but was here in KC in the 70s and early 80s, sent to Rome to teach French (!), then to Canada.

We went to Niagara so, being so close, there was no way we would miss visiting him... sigh... it was so nice meeting up with somebody who didn't know me only as my kids' mom! [grin] Now *that* reunion was toooo darn short!
by Jiffymouse on November 10, 2006 10:30 AM
roflol, your point about the money is a good one. and [kissies] kenny, thank you for posting this. it is good info.
by gomerp618 on November 12, 2006 02:36 AM
Oops.. I wasn't even thinking.. I was the one who sent you the envelope with the postage metered on it.. darn. Don't know where my head was except I was at work and not thinking.

Oh well..

Lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks I am!
by kennyso on November 12, 2006 03:01 AM
DOn't worry, we all make mistakes!

-
 -

My Website My Blog

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: