The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Zuc Plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Zoysia lawn| Next thread: zucchine »
Back to Thread index
by Mitzi on July 06, 2006 01:26 PM
We just had a severe thunderstorm here and my zuc plants are sideways from the high winds. They are not broken, just bent. Should I leave them or should I try to straighten them back up?
by Wrennie on July 06, 2006 01:38 PM
i would leave them alone. Straightening them may break a stem.(at least when I try to 'fix' a plant I end up making things break)Or at least wait a day or two to see if they reach back up for the sun.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by Deborah L. on July 06, 2006 01:40 PM
Yeah, I would let them sort themselves out naturally.
Hope they'll be OK !

-
 -
by badplanter on July 06, 2006 02:03 PM
yeah, i'd leave them alone, just, if they don't straighten themselves out in a few weeks or so, try to se tthem up so it grows back again--just try not to touch the leaves--hope this helps, and ggggoooooooodddddd lllluuucccckkk!!!!!! [Smile]

-
 -
 -  - "I don't want no more of army life, gee mom, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee mom, I wanna go home!" My PB!
by Danno on July 06, 2006 02:12 PM
yah one of my leaves somehow bent itself halfway in the stem. . . but the thing aint dead yet (the leaf that is). Still green, been bent for over a week now. id leave it as well [thumb]
by Mitzi on July 07, 2006 06:19 PM
Well, they are all about 90 % back to normal. I have a few babies on them and I'm waiting for them to be ready to pick. Thanks for the advice, I'm glad I didn't try to bend them back myself...

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Zoysia lawn| Next thread: zucchine »
Back to Thread index