The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

1st Vegetable garden.......wilting.....HELP!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: 1st Robin!!!| Next thread: 2 BIG problems ..... »
Back to Thread index
by Nae' on July 05, 2006 12:36 PM
This is our first vegetable garden & everything is almost dead!!!! What am I doing wrong [Eek!] ????? I am really upset about this. My mom came to help me plant about 20 tomato plants, green beans, corn, eggplant, green bell peppers, zucchini, sweet basil, & rosemary. Everything looks AWFUL [dunno] ! I think I may have over watered them plus it has rained off & on so I'm sure that didn't help. One large tomato plant is getting yellow leaves what is that all about? Is this garden a done deal or is there still hope?
All of your help is greatly appreciated & I thank you in advance.
Ciao!
Nae'
by Amigatec on July 05, 2006 12:54 PM
Well if you tell us what kind of soil you, i.e. Clay, Sandy, or Loam.

What did you add to the soil, compost, Peatmoss etc?

Did you have it tested?

Maybe some pictures of your plants.

All soil is different and needs different things.

There is enough years of experience on this forum to solve almost every problem.

What ever you do don't give, remember Gardening is an Art not a Science. And good Luck!!!!!

-
 -
One OS to rule them, one OS to find them:
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
by obywan59 on July 05, 2006 05:54 PM
You may very well have overwatered. It doesn't hurt to allow the surface of the soil to dry out for awhile between waterings or rain. Plants are different, but as a general rule, figure you need about an inch of rain or watering each week for best results.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by badplanter on July 06, 2006 01:44 PM
check your soil. that may be the major problem. Also, maybe because of all the reain, your plants are not getting enough light--with the tomatoes, try trimming the yellow branches and even some of the green ones--but nothing with flowers on it. Trimming gives the plant more energy to focus on keeping the plant alive and produce bigger, better tomatoes. Corn and eggplant are gennerally hard to grow(at least from where i'm from), so i never have that much luck with them anyway. fertilizing may help alot, (i use miracle-grow) but only ferilize once in a while--u dont want to burn out the roots form over fertilizing. Also, let the ground dry out al litte before watering again--if i think of anything else, ill post again, but, in the mean time, keep us updated on how everything works out.

-
 -
 -  - "I don't want no more of army life, gee mom, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee mom, I wanna go home!" My PB!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: 1st Robin!!!| Next thread: 2 BIG problems ..... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: