The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Newbe w/Gardenia problem

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: New Zealand Spinach| Next thread: Newbee's for 2/18/06 »
Back to Thread index
by koolkat68 on November 26, 2005 05:12 PM
Hi, I just joined this group hoping to get some fast help on a Gardenia problem. My plant is in a small clay container just received from my Mom. Of course it was perfect when She had it and within a week of me getting it the leaves all curled up and are dry. So I've reviewed the info on this forum regarding Gardenias and @ day it is in afternoon sun, inside, and in the evening in a warm room with lights and higher humidity. The plant is about 18" high & wide. No idea of its soil makeup. My thoughts are to replant it into slightly larger clay pot with peat moss to get the PH around 5-6. Mist the leaves, water to keep it moist and provide sunshine during the day & lights, humidity as best as I can in the evening. Your thoughts ?
Thanks,
Mike [dunno]
by peppereater on December 01, 2005 11:08 PM
I would not repot it yet. It is going through some shock due to the move. Assuming you've watered it, the leaf curl could be due to direct sun...if the edges are all that have curled, though, that could be overwatering. Water well once a week and see how it goes. Even if all leaves drop, don't give up...Gardenias can produce new leaves at least once more.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: New Zealand Spinach| Next thread: Newbee's for 2/18/06 »
Back to Thread index