The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Leaf burn or wilt on Hosta

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Leaching houseplants| Next thread: leaf chewers »
Back to Thread index
by howboutcha on October 20, 2005 08:43 AM
I planted Two varieties of hosta in front of the house this spring a tall type which will top out at around 48 inches and a smaller varegated variety.It is part sun / shade ( shade in the afternoon) The larger variety started experiencing a burn look to it, the leaves starting at the bottom and working up starting wilting and turning brown , as they would die off I would cut them off now I have four Hosta and there is only three leaves betwen them. I s this just temporary or will they live. I have never known Hosta to be so finicky before...PS the smaller varieties, although not happy looking are ok....any ideas?
by angelblossom on October 21, 2005 09:13 AM
Hi Howboutcha [wayey] I also have hosta's that experienced leave burn it got all shade untill after 6 p.m. so i moved it to all shade, cooler area cut of all leaves that had burn down to the stalk now I have babies starting to sprout up and it almost november! I moved it in august! I know this helped mine. as far as the wilting [dunno] never experienced that,, hope I was helpful [gabby] [angel]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Leaching houseplants| Next thread: leaf chewers »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: