The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Specialty Potato Chowder

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
by Merme on June 28, 2005 11:12 AM
This is a truly GREAT chowder for special occasions when you really want to treat the folks you love.

Peel, cut into squares the potatoes you wish to use. Start with 4 large if you are not certain, and add more if you think your crowd requires it. Ordinary potatoes are perfect, but red potatoes if left unpeeled make the chowder very handsome indeed.

Add water to cover and set on to boil.

Add one finely chopped medium onion.

While the potatoes are boiling, fry bacon until crispy. Break into small bits. Add to potatoes.

Add one package frozen corn, or a can of corn or any fresh if you've got it. Return to boiling.

Just before serving add one container sour cream. Or, if you have it, one container PLAIN (not vanilla!) yogurt.

Continue to cook until it is heated through.

Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by Gardencrazy on June 28, 2005 11:52 AM
Dang! That sounds good! [thumb]
Now I am hungry. [tears]

Donna

-
 -
 - my webshots ~ my photobucket
by MissJamie on June 30, 2005 02:53 PM
wow that sounds very very yummy! I didn't think I'd like potato chowder but my dad made it...a different way than this though...I don't know how?? but I'd LOVE to try this out though...thanks for the recipe!

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034
by JV on July 10, 2005 01:05 AM
I thought said sweet potato chowder. I better clean my glasses. [Big Grin]
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by Triss on July 21, 2005 05:21 AM
Thanks for pointing me here Merme. This looks delicious!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: