The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Chipmunks and moles

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: chipmunks| Next thread: chipping sparrow babies.... »
Back to Thread index
by Barbara O on August 01, 2005 02:11 AM
I have read about a product called castor oil granules or camphor granules to chase away the chipmunks and moles. Where can I buy these granules? First the J beetles, then the moles, then the skunks.

)!(
by The Plant Doc on August 01, 2005 10:22 AM
Barb, At 1st I heard that this was going to be the best thing since white bread! Then I heard that it was just another gimmick. I still have not heard from anyone who has actually used this stuff, and I would be very interested in hearing of some 1st hand experiences myself.
I have not seen it on the market yet out here in Cheeseland, but I have been looking for it.

-
Mike Maier
aka
The Plant Doc
by ninniwinky on August 01, 2005 09:33 PM
my grandmother uses moth balls. She swears by it....

ninni
by BFVISION on August 14, 2005 03:17 AM
Best gimmick I ever heard was wrigley chewing gum in the tunnels. Embarrassed to say I was so desperate I tried it.

The moles need food and grubs and earth worms are tops on their menu. Get rid of the grubs and generally the moles move on.

BFVISION

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2122269418&mode=guest
by thebearswoman on August 16, 2005 08:51 PM
The thing about chewing gum is an old wives tale. Moles are carnivorous and eat only meat which they find in the form of insects & larva & earthworms. They will not try to eat the gum.
by Daiquiri on November 11, 2005 03:04 AM
How do I get rid of these pesty moles? I have a new house and 3 acres of land, every where I look I see moles! Where do I begin? I need to start planting grass etc... soon!
Please Help.
I live in zone 6 Chesapeake Virginia

Thank you!
Daiquiri

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: chipmunks| Next thread: chipping sparrow babies.... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: